Local WNY Bands

Chef Jim

Saw 805 about a million times in my youth...great times. I guess they were from Syracuse but saw them all the time in and around Buffalo....also Talas...but that was probably way before any of you !@#$ers were even born.

A friend of mine posted a video of Winery Dogs on Facebook with Billy Sheehan which is what prompted me to start this thread.

Love that song and no truer lyrics

This was the best video of their set but probably the least enjoyable. These guys were very good and they were having a ball up there. For those of you in Buffalo they said they'd be at Ironworks for Halloween.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw 805 about a million times in my youth...great times. I guess they were from Syracuse but saw them all the time in and around Buffalo....also Talas...but that was probably way before any of you !@#$ers were even born.

Weren't they influenced by Genesis?

I'm trying to picture a teenage pimply-faced ~NG~, with his baggie and bottle of Boone's Farm, walking around a rock concert trying to look "cool".

:lol:

I'm trying to picture a teenage pimply-faced ~NG~, with his baggie and bottle of Boone's Farm, walking around a rock concert trying to look "cool".

:lol:

<_< ...I rarely had pimples....and I stopped drinking Boone's Farm after "the incident".

also Talas...but that was probably way before any of you !@#$ers were even born.

My brother was 4 years older than me, my sister 5. At our Junior High, I think it was Talas that did a gig there... That had to be around 1979 or so @ West Seneca West Jr. I was like 11 years old. I know this because I remember seeing the promo poster for the group. I think it was some dance or something they were doing. How is that for VERY a humble start. Wasn't it Billy Sheehan that got his start w/Talas. I forget what I was doing there (@ the Jr. High), but my borther would have been just starting his high school years, myself just ready to eneter junior high (7th grade). Of course my sister a year older. Back in the day, WSW Sr. High only covered grades 10-12. WSW Jr. was grade 7-9.. So, I guess, my brother would have been in grade 9 in 1979.

No but hope you guys can all give me the fame Rochester band Black Sheep got.

Saw them at the Barrelhead in West Seneca, just before some members formed Foreigner

Talas was the best. Their re-union a couple years back in N Falls........eehhhh. Dave Constantino still plays around. Saw his band at a bike night. A lot of the guys from the 70's and 80's still play. Ken Wilczak (Fat Brat) for one.

A lot of good bands now around, none really great. I'm a cover guy. You want to go original, let me know when you go platinum.

Edited by MarkyMannn