My prediction: It's going to be Tyrod.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is - statistically Cassel and EJ are essentially identical including INT %. This is where I struggle to see Cassel as "the low-risk guy".

Tyrod is definitely a lesser passer than the other two, so if either of the other two show anything I don't see how he starts.

Having said that - I have no preference based on the latest. Hope OBD guesses right!

Edited by BobChalmers

I think they should cut the 3rd QB, and use his spot for another field goal kicker. They will need to be more solid at kicker than QB.

It's going to be brutal, and a lot like last season.

Come on man... the Bills won "9" games with EJ/Orton throwing the ball. And D. MArrone coaching them with what's him name calling the plays. Or calling the calling the same plays over and over again, whatever, it's BETTER NOW...!!!

I had premonition.... Matt Cassel has a lousy game tonight going 4-7 for 28 yards and INT. In comes Tyrod at the end of the first quarter and goes 10-11 for 175 yards, and 2 TDs (1 running, 1 passing) until the 4th QTR when EJ comes in for mop up duty. This will lead to Tyrod getting the nod for the next game in Cleveland which he preceeds to lead the team to a TD in the first quarter and look very comfortable running the offense while showing off some flash. Cassel comes in after him late in the second, and once again is very average leading to Rex naming Tyrod the starting QB.

I'm telling you, Tyrod is the one. We've found our answer at QB for the foresable future.

<let a man dream ok?>

I don't agree but I love when people aren't afraid to publicly make bold predictions!

On the flip side, I hate when people gloat about being right when they never actually stated anything truly definitive in the first place.

I thought for a while that it'd end up being Taylor, but I now think that it'll be Cassel. I think he's just lower risk, and they want to run a low risk offense. I also think Rex has had it with high-risk QBs who turn it over a lot. I'm not saying that Cassel won't turn it over; just that he's probably less likely to fumble a lot or make risky throws that end up being picks.

I agree. While I have never seen anything from Rex, Whaley or the Pegulas that "they're going all in" this year, some of the offseason moves hint that. (Trade for McCoy, signing Harvin & Incognito to 1 year contracts)

They definitely want to end the playoff drought and I think the best shot is with an experienced veteran at QB.

I think you're right, I this Meh will be cut after week 2, EJ can run a similar offense as Taylor...taylor will keep drives alive!

The "Meh" isn't fresh, it's not funny. it's just...... Meh....

Come on man... the Bills won "9" games with EJ/Orton throwing the ball. And D. MArrone coaching them with what's him name calling the plays. Or calling the calling the same plays over and over again, whatever, it's BETTER NOW...!!!

yeah, but 1 of them we really should have lost and another one the *team really wasn't trying to win, sooooo they really don't count as wins in the NFL.... :wallbash:

Sorry about that since I was the one who started the whole "Meh Cassel" thing

CBF

Meh...

yeah, but 1 of them we really should have lost and another one the *team really wasn't trying to win, sooooo they really don't count as wins in the NFL.... :wallbash:

Yeah, but if my Aunt has a package, she'd be, well, you know...... :rolleyes:

True, I expect a little bit better. I think they will get a wild card, so it's progress. But I expect similar frustrations.

And though Ryan is a better coach than Marrone, some of his faults are going to hurt this team too. What they make up in one area, they might lose in others. This team appears to have more volatile players, so we have to see how well they deal with having a crap QB holding back the team. Better players on this team for sure, but maybe not better "team players".

There will be plenty of situations that could bring on an implosion.

I know I appear to be an EJ crusader but I am good with this as well. The only outcome that will suck the wind out of the season is Cassel being named the starter. With Tyrod (or EJ) I can keep the dream alive.

Ah hell who are we kidding. If they start Cassel I will be pissed until opening day when I convince myself that he can lead the Bills to the promised land!

Marrone had this team on the brink of an implosion as well. Woods putting his head down and moping after every bad EJ pass, Morrone putting Woods with the 2's in pre-season games...the benching/mia/parking lot incident with Mike Williams...Jerry Houges benching...shouting match with marrone and the FO...not playing Urbik sooner....not benching EJ in the Houston game..those are just off the top of my head. I don't really think it's much different with Ryan, but winning solves just about everything.

Edited by ricojes

True, I expect a little bit better. I think they will get a wild card, so it's progress. But I expect similar frustrations.

And though Ryan is a better coach than Marrone, some of his faults are going to hurt this team too. What they make up in one area, they might lose in others. This team appears to have more volatile players, so we have to see how well they deal with having a crap QB holding back the team. Better players on this team for sure, but maybe not better "team players".

There will be plenty of situations that could bring on an implosion.

:rolleyes:

Marrone had this team on the brink of an implosion as well. Woods putting his head down and moping after every bad EJ pass, Morrone putting Woods with the 2's in pre-season games...the benching/mia/parking lot incident with Mike Williams...Jerry Houges benching...shouting match with marrone and the FO...not playing Urbik sooner....not benching EJ in the Houston game..those are just off the top of my head. I don't really think it's much different, but winning solves just about everything.

They haven't won yet.

Same QB troubles, more volatile guys. Better players, but sometimes guys that are better are also less likely to take responsibility when things go wrong (because frankly, it's not their fault...and they know it).

*Is Woods going to mope less because it's a bad Tyrod/Cassel pass?