My prediction: It's going to be Tyrod.

I had a premonition.... Matt Cassel has a lousy game tonight going 4-7 for 28 yards and INT. In comes Tyrod at the end of the first quarter and goes 10-11 for 175 yards, and 2 TDs (1 running, 1 passing) until the 4th QTR when EJ comes in for mop up duty. This will lead to Tyrod getting the nod for the next game in Cleveland which he preceeds to lead the team to a TD in the first quarter looking very comfortable running the offense while showing off some flash. Cassel comes in after him late in the second, and once again is very average leading to Rex naming Tyrod the starting QB.

I'm telling you, Tyrod is the one. We've found our answer at QB for the foresable future.

<let a man dream ok?>

Edited by SuperBills12

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod is going to look the best in the preseason because he's the type of player that's going to make flashy plays and wow the crowd. It's like in a pick-up basketball game vs a real game. Out at the park, you have the guy dribbling between his legs and throwing no look ally oops and making trick shots. But in the real game guys don't do that stuff because it's too risky because then you turn the ball over when the game is on the line.

Cassel will be mediocre and move the ball decently enough and get us some FG's. Tyrod will probably take some bad sacks or throw a pick but then he will scramble around and unleash a 70 yard bomb and people will be impressed. Who had the better game? The guy that quietly moved the ball down the field and got a FG each time or the guy that made some dumb plays but had 1 really good play that made the highlights reel?

I thought for a while that it'd end up being Taylor, but I now think that it'll be Cassel. I think he's just lower risk, and they want to run a low risk offense. I also think Rex has had it with high-risk QBs who turn it over a lot. I'm not saying that Cassel won't turn it over; just that he's probably less likely to fumble a lot or make risky throws that end up being picks.