Falcons discuss bringing back dog killer

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/14/falcons-to-discuss-bringing-back-dog-murderer-prince-shembo/

Maybe this will take some of the attention off the IK signing around the league

CBF

I don't even get why signing IK is even a thing. Players fight. He just happened to land a good one.

I don't even get why signing IK is even a thing. Players fight. He just happened to land a good one.

It's a thing because while players "fight" all the time it's more like tussling. There's an unwritten rule that you don't do something that could take a teammate out, and even more so a key starter. That's a sign of being across the line, out of control, a sign a guy doesn't know how to "play to the whistle". (though it does sound as though Geno was baiting IK, counting on the "immunity" of a key starter from real physical harm. IK may have been cut for it, but Geno's jaw is still broken and if he prosecutes, it will be a marvelous distraction for the Jets with multiple guys being subpoenaed etc)

Like with Incognito, everyone wants to see him "bring the nasty" from the snap to the whistle, but if he continues past the whistle and draws personal conduct penalties after the play boom boom boom like he once did in St Louis, it would lead Rex to say as Martz did "what the f*c! is wrong with this guy?"

Man, profootballtalk has been so !@#$ing preachy lately, it's getting really annoying. The thing is, I frequently agree with them, but I'm not looking for preachy opinions when I go to read about football.

they are blubbering and whining over why IK hasn't been suspended yet or put on the exempt list. Why the eff do they care? He got cut, that was his punishment. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's a thing because while players "fight" all the time it's more like tussling. There's an unwritten rule that you don't do something that could take a teammate out, and even more so a key starter. That's a sign of being across the line, out of control, a sign a guy doesn't know how to "play to the whistle". (though it does sound as though Geno was baiting IK, counting on the "immunity" of a key starter from real physical harm. IK may have been cut for it, but Geno's jaw is still broken and if he prosecutes, it will be a marvelous distraction for the Jets with multiple guys being subpoenaed etc)

Like with Incognito, everyone wants to see him "bring the nasty" from the snap to the whistle, but if he continues past the whistle and draws personal conduct penalties after the play boom boom boom like he once did in St Louis, it would lead Rex to say as Martz did "what the f*c! is wrong with this guy?"

From what I gather, IK did the Jets a favor.

Because it's August and because we are viewed as a laughing stock nationally.

If the Seahawks claimed him everyone would say "Brilliant, landing a guy who'll surely turn around in their culture" Bills claim him and it's "lol, Rex going to Rex, how long until he knocks out EJ?"

Sports "comedians"/snarks love the low hanging fruit.

they are blubbering and whining over why IK hasn't been suspended yet or put on the exempt list. Why the eff do they care? He got cut, that was his punishment.

It's not just IK (although it's been especially rampant with him) the site has an obvious agenda with respect to how the league handles punishment. It is getting tiresome.

Because it's August and because we are viewed as a laughing stock nationally.

If the Seahawks claimed him everyone would say "Brilliant, landing a guy who'll surely turn around in their culture" Bills claim him and it's "lol, Rex going to Rex, how long until he knocks out EJ?"

Sports "comedians"/snarks love the low hanging fruit.

I don't think this is the case.

Geno had it comin...He instigated the whole thing and it shows A LOT when NO ONE comes to his defense after the fact.