Starbucks thread

kinda harsh...they are only doing their job, i order that way because i am used to it and in the moment i can never remember which is medium and which is largest. my response is usually more apologetic/naive something to the effect of I want whatever is the biggest cup, and honestly looking at their menu board it takes me a while to find just the plain coffee section. Like I said, I go there very infrequently

My response to this situation was:

"I don't speak Italian. I want a medium. If you can't figure out how to give me a medium, I'll take my business elsewhere."

They suddenly were able to figure out which size was "medium." :flirt:

I've had Mikeller's Beer Geek Brunch Weasel, it's their beer made with the beans, good stuff

Speaking of Sumatra, have you ever tried this?

Kopi luwak (Indonesian pronunciation: [ˈkopi ˈlu.aʔ]), or civet coffee, refers to the coffee that includes part-digested coffee cherries eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak

I know 1D(I assume that is fan speak for One Direction) for the same reason I know the Kardashians and political issues, I watch TV and surf the internet and read headlines. Don't read the stories, just the headlines. If you put a One Direction song on I couldn't identify it. If you put a Kardashian in the room with me and didn't tell me, I bet I wouldn't know it was a Kardashian, and I know we just had an Iranian Nuclear deal that if you are a Democrat you love, if you are a republican you hate, but I have ZERO understanding of what it means to me, better mean cheaper gas or I am against it. I know enough to be able to nod my head in any conversation, but don't look for any insight from me. I am a very shallow person that simply wants to fit in with everyone. :D

The responses in this this thread so damn predictable.

Me big, tough, old , white man, I no learn two words ! It not cool! I will show how cool I am by saying "large" Everybody hear me????..

These are all the same guys who love their hipster beer bartenders and Brewers and worry about what stemware various beer styles go in.

Get off my lawn now!

And Pooj , the guy who chastised others the other day for being afraid of saying they know 1D like it was some sign of male weakness. I am disappointed in you. LOL

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care for Starbucks coffee, but my wife likes to go there once in a while to get a cappuccino. What really irks me about the place are all the pretentious trouser stains with their latte and their laptop computers. Working on that next best selling novel? Get freaking internet at home you idiots!

maybe this belongs in the pet peeves thread.

kinda harsh...they are only doing their job, i order that way because i am used to it and in the moment i can never remember which is medium and which is largest. my response is usually more apologetic/naive something to the effect of I want whatever is the biggest cup, and honestly looking at their menu board it takes me a while to find just the plain coffee section. Like I said, I go there very infrequently

I've had Mikeller's Beer Geek Brunch Weasel, it's their beer made with the beans, good stuff

I know 1D(I assume that is fan speak for One Direction) for the same reason I know the Kardashians and political issues, I watch TV and surf the internet and read headlines. Don't read the stories, just the headlines. If you put a One Direction song on I couldn't identify it. If you put a Kardashian in the room with me and didn't tell me, I bet I wouldn't know it was a Kardashian, and I know we just had an Iranian Nuclear deal that if you are a Democrat you love, if you are a republican you hate, but I have ZERO understanding of what it means to me, better mean cheaper gas or I am against it. I know enough to be able to nod my head in any conversation, but don't look for any insight from me. I am a very shallow person that simply wants to fit in with everyone. :D

Pooj, I was just busting....but we are talking TWO words....two freakin words!!! I cannot for the life of me believe anyone who can read this board cannot learn two in words in less than 20 seconds.

It's just old guys hate to admit they are getting coffee in a Starbucks....same guys who will gladly pay $7 a draft in some hipster beer bar...even worse at a freaking brewery itself! And I do both of those too!!!!LOl

Listen, all I am saying is it's not about the words, it's about wanting to act like you are above it all...that this is just a fad.

Same guys who say...I ain't gettin on no tweeter of facespace! What's wrong with actually talking to someone!

Edited by plenzmd1

i know you are busting my balls, but for me it's not about being above it...it's complete insecurity on my part, in my head it sounds silly and i feel odd...same why i have NEVER ordered a Year-Oh...i have eaten TONS of gyros...but not a single YEAR-OH...nor will I ever utter the words "Nutty Butty"....complete and total insecurity on my part. I am seriously like an onion with a happy face mask on....

and I am constantly on Facebook & Twiter...

Pooj, I was just busting....but we are talking TWO words....two freakin words!!!

It's just old guys hate to admit they are getting coffee in a Starbucks....same guys who will gladly pay $7 a draft in some hipster beer bar...even worse at a freaking brewery itself! And I do both of those too!!!!LOl

Listen, all I am saying is it's not about the words, it's about wanting to act like you are above it all...that this is just a fad.

Same guys who say...I ain't gettin on no tweeter of facespace! What's wrong with actually talking to someone!

Edited by The Poojer

i know you are busting my balls, but for me it's not about being above it...it's complete insecurity on my part, in my head it sounds silly and i feel odd...same why i have NEVER ordered a Year-Oh...i have eaten TONS of gyros...but not a single YEAR-OH...nor will I ever utter the words "Nutty Butty"....complete and total insecurity on my part. I am seriously like an onion with a happy face mask on....

and I am constantly on Facebook & Twiter...

That's too funny! I always say Year oh! Though my kids constantly tell me I cannot pronounce chipotle correctly and always bust on me.

BTW, to get back to the Starbucks thing... My wife started ordering a dry double capacino in like 1995, and she gets one everyday. $3.35 or so.

Come about 2008, some barista finally says" what you are ordering is a wet dopio macchiato, and that is $2.10 cents! (Insert face slap emoji here)

13x365x $1 = $4700. Damn!!!!

Edited by plenzmd1

I usually went into one when I lived in CA to use the bathroom. When I got dragged into one by someone, I had a small hot chocolate.I;m not really a coffee drinker.

I have said it before, look up Denis Leary and coffee on youtube for the best rant on Starbucks.

Edited by Wacka

With good reason. Overpriced trash.

Not so much that, although that is a part of it. t. Italians also never, ever get a coffee to go.. A Starbucks just does not work there. They are on every street corner in Paris, London, Etc, just not 1 in the whole of Italy

BTW , 20 oz coffe about same price at Starbucks as at 7-11.

Edited by plenzmd1

my 24 ounce wawa coffee is 1.80, wegmans 20 ounce is 2.12, how much is starbucks? plus convenience factor, have a wawa across the street from my apartment...if i am at wegmans buying coffee i am also buying fruits for my day at work. Starbucks isn't convenient to me or my route to work in the AM

Not so much that, although that is a part of it. t. Italians also never, ever get a coffee to go.. A Starbucks just does not work there. They are on every street corner in Paris, London, Etc, just not 1 in the whole of Italy

BTW , 20 oz coffe about same price at Starbucks as at 7-11.

Pooj, my GRANDE dark is less than $2. I get it as my wife goes everyday so I just have her get me coffee.

When she is not around, the 20 oz at 7-11 I get is $1.69.

As mentioned, I am not all Starbucks all the time, I am a whatever is easiest guy. but I don't hate them just cause it's Starbucks.

I never drink coffee. In my 47 years on this green earth, I 've probably tried about under a teaspoon of coffee.

It's poison!

Cool stories are ok. NOT HORROR STORIES.

How do you do it? Everytime I go to a friends house I get offered "Coffe anyone" I have coffe like 350 times a year.

Cool drink of the day.

Strawberry Acai Refresher.

BUT

Add lemonade to it.

It was recommended to me by a good friend.

Strawberry Acai "Heavy Lemon"

Cool stories are ok. NOT HORROR STORIES.

How do you do it? Everytime I go to a friends house I get offered "Coffe anyone" I have coffe like 350 times a year.

Cool drink of the day.

Strawberry Acai Refresher.

BUT

Add lemonade to it.

It was recommended to me by a good friend.

Strawberry Acai "Heavy Lemon"

My 12 year old daughter drinks those. Let that sink in for a moment, then kindly hand in your man-card.