Swordfish Suggestions

Since we seem to have a handful of posters that know their way around a kitchen or grill, I'm looking for suggestions on preparing swordfish. I have a great market near me and every time I buy salmon or some other standby fish, I see the swordfish and it looks really good. I am leaning toward grilling it but I have little experience grilling fish. I usually stick to baking, broiling or beer battering. On a tangent to the original question, any other seafood recipes that you really enjoy?

Whenever I think about buying swordfish, I notice that it's cheaper to buy a ribeye and get that instead.

Some people like to eat healthy & don't want their arteries 85% clogged by the time they are 50 years old. Granted I am not one of those people, I buy the ribeye everytime also.

Some people like to eat healthy & don't want their arteries 85% clogged by the time they are 50 years old. Granted I am not one of those people, I buy the ribeye everytime also.

some people don't know much about red meat and saw the nonsensical things. Grassfed, free range and responsibly raised beef is healthier then fish when taken into account of how fish are treated.

Stuff it with scallions, lemon and paprika mixed in sesame oil with some seasoned bread crumbs or precooked rice.

Brush with mixture of safflower oil, coarse salt, white pepper, lemon juice, garlic and onion powder.

Wrap fish in aluminum foil, make sure it is wrapped at least twice.

Place it pit, add wrapped potatoes and corn depending on what you like and start a hot fire on top of it w/coals.

Used to make a pot of soup on coals.

When coals start to cooldown carefully take out of fire and unwrap.

Flesh should come off bone without effort.

That was my cooking recipe for fish altering seasoning depending on fish.

This is how I prepare my swordfish. First I go to my local fishmonger and look at the best piece of swordfish they have. Then I buy the Salmon. :D

Fishmonger? Is your poultry purveyor called a cockmonger?

Love me some Old Bay. Really good for chicken wings.

Love me some old bay chicken wings.

some people don't know much about red meat and saw the nonsensical things. Grassfed, free range and responsibly raised beef is healthier then fish when taken into account of how fish are treated.

what if i get grass fed free range fish?

Swordfish are loaded with mercury and are overfished. Try grouper, or redfish. Snapper (the fish) is good too, well so is the other snapper. I'm trying to find someplace that sells lionfish.

Swordfish are loaded with mercury and are overfished. Try grouper, or redfish. Snapper (the fish) is good too, well so is the other snapper. I'm trying to find someplace that sells lionfish.

I'm not even going to tell you how often we pulled parasites our to swordfish. :sick: