Who are the "greatest" athletes of Pro sports?

BringBackFergy

Of major team sports basketball, no question. Size, speed, strength, coordination, endurance ...nothing else like them. Guys like Bo and Deion were able to play pro football and baseball, but none of them could last a minute in the NBA

Height isn't necessarily a skill. You could put Jack Eichel on a basketball court and I bet he'd be able to play...Carmello Anthony on ice? stopping, turning, backwards on skates while handling a puck and keeping his head up to avoid taking a hip check? Doubt it.

A typical NHL shift is only about 40 seconds. Now I can see MAYBE if they did an old school 3 minute shift... But, 40 seconds and they are on the bench again. Yes, soccer they can "coast"...Yet, they don't go to the bench. Sure skating is a skill, but if one stops skating regulary, they tend to lose the sharpness of the skill.

Debate race car driver even being an "athlete", but how long do they have to sit in the car constantly focusing on the action, more than a 40 second shift! And behind the wheel, death is constantly knocking on the door, one split second lack of attention over the multitude of hours in the race. Way more stamina and mental concentration needed than than say 20 minutes of ice time in a 60 minute game.

Seriously?? A NASCAR driver?? EII....you trollin' me bro??

Slightly different tact. Jonah Lomu, Bruce Lee, Bo Jackson, Yurik Zakharevitch, Martian Navratilova... Tried for the mix too! Kind of my era of starting to watch sport meaningfully anyways.

Edited by Shamrock