Can we stop with the OBJ media woodies??

Ray lewis is great, but he killed a dude. I lost my woodie for Lewis a long time ago

It's tough to get a ring when the rest of your team sucks. You can give Steve Young the reins of the titans right now and I'm not sure you would have yourself a super bowl.

Yeah, Steve Young is like 40 something and hasn't played in a long time. He probably wouldn't lead them to a SB.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no he didnt

never rat on your friends, and always keep your mouth shut

li·bel
ˈlībəl/
noun
  1. 1.
    LAW
    a published false statement that is damaging to a person's reputation; a written defamation.
    synonyms: defamation, defamation of character, character assassination,calumny, misrepresentation, scandalmongering; More
Edited by Pete

I thought this (best view starting at 0:15) was the best catch of the year.

That's what I was thinking. Sammy will have a few of those this year.

OBJ's catch was stunning but I'm not sure they need to have 24hrs/day film footage of his training camp catches until they finally see a one-handed grab so some production guy can say "Holy smokes, we need to put that on our website...there he goes again with those one-handed catches" Give it a rest NFL/ESPN/Fox/CBS

Edited by BringBackFergy

Every year there's at least one guy who outperforms many of the players picked before him.

Fans everywhere start unfavorably comparing that guy to their pick.

Predicting the long term performance of college players going to the NFL is like trying to predict the weather 4 months from now.

You might have mathematically models and do complicated regression analyses based on thousands of data points. But in the end, you just don't know. No player evaluation method is perfect. All you can do is make an educated guess and hope for the best.

The Giants bet on OBJ and it worked out. Good for them. Maybe hindsight says we should have picked him instead of Sammy but hindsight will always, always say we could have drafted better. I'm not going to worry about it.

I doubt if Sammy will put up great numbers this year, given who'll be throwing the ball and the kind of offense we're likely to run. As long as we win enough games to get to the playoffs, I don't care.