(OT) LOST followup question

VABills

Interesting observation.  I wouldn't be at all surprised if he came back...

236501[/snapback]

For now, Ethan is dead. As for how Claire escaped, that's something we dont know. Charlie did kill Ethan, but only after Claire was back in the caves with the rest of the group.

I keep wondering if this kills the Ethan storyline, or if he... or his con-conspirators will return. And what about the monster? We need more monsters.

Did anyone notice Ethan when he first came back? When he threatens Charlie that if he does'nt get Claire back, he will kill everyone on the island, one by one.

Did you notice the scars on Ethan's face? Looked like big scratch marks. He did not have those scars when we first saw him.

Considering Ethan is unusually strong, what could have scratched him up that badly?

Did Claire really escape from him?

What do you guys think?

Did you notice the scars on Ethan's face? Looked like big scratch marks. He did not have those scars when we first saw him.

Considering Ethan is unusually strong, what could have scratched him up that badly?

What do you guys think?

236552[/snapback]

I think Claire scratched him. :doh:

Ok, I finally watched the latest episode last night (I love TiVo..) Anyway, one theory that I havn't seen anyone mention is that Ethan is simply Charlie's subconscious. If you go with the theory that everything on the island can be "wished" for (Charlie's guitar, Locke's knives, Jack's father and the casket, etc), could it be that Charlie "created" Ethan? The whole episode showed flashbacks of Charlie trying to confront his demons. Could Ethan have bee the "bad Charlie," and therefore Charlie pulling the gun out and shooting him was a way for Charlie to cleanse himself?

Charlie and Claire were together. Charlie really likes Claire. Bad Charlie (aka: Ethan, whom we never saw before) comes out and takes Claire (sort of like Charlie did with the copier girl). Charlie "repents," and therefore takes out his bad side (Ethan).

My wife hated the theory and thought it was lame, but I'll throw it out there anyway. :devil:

CW

Ok, I finally watched the latest episode last night (I love TiVo..)  Anyway, one theory that I havn't seen anyone mention is that Ethan is simply Charlie's subconscious.  If you go with the theory that everything on the island can be "wished" for (Charlie's guitar, Locke's knives, Jack's father and the casket, etc), could it be that Charlie "created" Ethan?  The whole episode showed flashbacks of Charlie trying to confront his demons.  Could Ethan have bee the "bad Charlie," and therefore Charlie pulling the gun out and shooting him was a way for Charlie to cleanse himself?

Charlie and Claire were together.  Charlie really likes Claire.  Bad Charlie (aka: Ethan, whom we never saw before) comes out and takes Claire (sort of like Charlie did with the copier girl).  Charlie "repents," and therefore takes out his bad side (Ethan).

My wife hated the theory and thought it was lame, but I'll throw it out there anyway. ;)

CW

238798[/snapback]

I actually like that theory. You're right...we've all assumed that Ethan was real just as Danielle was real (or was she?). I think the possibility that Ethan was Charlie's manifestation makes a lot of sense, especially with the flashback chick saying "You'll never take care of anyone," Charlie then killing Ethan, and then the show ending with Claire warming back up to Charlie.

Don't listen to your wife. :devil:

Ok, I finally watched the latest episode last night (I love TiVo..)  Anyway, one theory that I havn't seen anyone mention is that Ethan is simply Charlie's subconscious.  If you go with the theory that everything on the island can be "wished" for (Charlie's guitar, Locke's knives, Jack's father and the casket, etc), could it be that Charlie "created" Ethan?  The whole episode showed flashbacks of Charlie trying to confront his demons.  Could Ethan have bee the "bad Charlie," and therefore Charlie pulling the gun out and shooting him was a way for Charlie to cleanse himself?

Charlie and Claire were together.  Charlie really likes Claire.  Bad Charlie (aka: Ethan, whom we never saw before) comes out and takes Claire (sort of like Charlie did with the copier girl).  Charlie "repents," and therefore takes out his bad side (Ethan).

My wife hated the theory and thought it was lame, but I'll throw it out there anyway. :devil:

CW

238798[/snapback]

Paralysis by Analysis.