Dan Carpenter injury (update - put on notice)

hopkins is like the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. carpenter's like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. He's a bad man. He's a bad man, that Carpenter. He's a bad man, a bad man.

What???

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hopkins is like the guy in the PG-13 movie everyone's *really* hoping makes it happen. carpenter's like the guy in the rated R movie, you know, the guy you're not sure whether or not you like yet. You're not sure where he's coming from. He's a bad man. He's a bad man, that Carpenter. He's a bad man, a bad man.

I get it!

Carpenter will be fine and we sure as heck need him. For a kicker one of my favorite Bills. The way he ended the Lions game last year, very hard kick, had already been hit with the laser before. You could tell he felt nothing other than wanting to send 70,000 fans home in tears and he did.

Now thats an awesome movie!!

Since he left Miami he has been killing it. This is one guy i can forgive if he misses one. Dan Carpenter can kick, but he is wired correctly to be kicker in the NFL.

need him gotta have him

Get well soon Dan!

like be ready for the Colts get well soon.

Yes! I need a Dan Carpenter jersey.

Just got an alert from the Bills app, he's officially active

I poseted this a few months ago, but since somebody brought this up, it bears repeating.

This past holiday season, my mother-in-law (who lives in Illinois) was asking if there were any particular gifts I was interested in. I thought that was really nice of her, and I figured it would be reasonable to suggest a Sabres t-shirt from the online store, since I didn't have one. So I picked out three different ones, emailed her with the web links to all three numbered #1, #2, and #3, and said I'd be interested in any of them, but the one I liked most was #2.
Despite me thinking this was pretty simple and explicit (pick one, click the link, you're done), somehow my mother-in-law only chose to read a few select words from the email and had it in her mind, for some reason, that I would only be interested in Buffalo Bills gear, completely ignoring whoever these "Sabres" are. And links? What links? She figured I must be talking about a Buffalo Bills jersey, and I mentioned the #2, so that must be what I want.
So yeah, I opened up the gift weeks later to reveal a brand new Dan Carpenter #2 Buffalo Bills jersey.
It took me a while to figure out what was going on and why I was staring at a kicker's jersey, but once we pieced it together it was hilarious. We still get a big laugh out of it.
I'm wondering if I'm the only one with a Carpenter jersey. I wonder if someone told Dan that somebody bought his jersey. Either way, I can't wait to wear it to a game.
...and yes, I'll be wearing it to the home opener.

I poseted this a few months ago, but since somebody brought this up, it bears repeating.

This past holiday season, my mother-in-law (who lives in Illinois) was asking if there were any particular gifts I was interested in. I thought that was really nice of her, and I figured it would be reasonable to suggest a Sabres t-shirt from the online store, since I didn't have one. So I picked out three different ones, emailed her with the web links to all three numbered #1, #2, and #3, and said I'd be interested in any of them, but the one I liked most was #2.

Despite me thinking this was pretty simple and explicit (pick one, click the link, you're done), somehow my mother-in-law only chose to read a few select words from the email and had it in her mind, for some reason, that I would only be interested in Buffalo Bills gear, completely ignoring whoever these "Sabres" are. And links? What links? She figured I must be talking about a Buffalo Bills jersey, and I mentioned the #2, so that must be what I want.

So yeah, I opened up the gift weeks later to reveal a brand new Dan Carpenter #2 Buffalo Bills jersey.

It took me a while to figure out what was going on and why I was staring at a kicker's jersey, but once we pieced it together it was hilarious. We still get a big laugh out of it.

I'm wondering if I'm the only one with a Carpenter jersey. I wonder if someone told Dan that somebody bought his jersey. Either way, I can't wait to wear it to a game.

it really is a great story, and if I had a carpenter jersey, I would definitely wear it with pride!

That really is hilarious! Enjoy that insane opening day atmosphere at the Ralph. I'll be up week 4.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder if he is on the bubble if he misses again tonight. With Rex's comments from this week. I think the injury may have impacted his kicking.

If so, I hope they bring in a guy that can kick touchbacks and field goals. Free up a roster spot.