Buying/Selling e-Tickets

Hello All,

Wasn't sure if I should put this in "The Trading Post" or here. Mods feel free to move or merge or whatever you do.

I am selling two concert tickets currently. (I am embarrassed to say who they are for so I will leave that out.) I listed them on Stubhub, eBay, and craigslist. I have a buyer who has sent me payment via Paypal. Once it clears my account I will send the tickets.

What I have been thinking about is the tickets are e-Tickets. Once I get payment I will email the buyer the PDF of the tickets. My question is what is to prevent me or others from just reselling the same PDF tickets to multiple people. These tickets are selling for $500 each. I could probably unload them 5 or 6 times and make $5,000 or so.

Obviously once the concert rolls around whoever gets to the concert first would get in and all others would be screwed. At that point, I know I would be tracked down and get suspended or many negative revierws from whichever websites I sold the tickets through. However, I assume you could just create new email addresses and new accounts and nothing would be too terrible.

I am not planning on doing this. I have told my buyer he could meet me personally if he would prefer too. However, if I was a buyer I would be nervous just getting sent e-tickets. Thoughts?

P.S. Go Bills! Pumped about the opener.

New emails and new accounts to resell them wouldn't matter much since the original ticket purchase would be in your real name. And depending on what law enforcement wants to do, you could be in big trouble depending on how much money you made on what essentially could be called a "fake ticket" once the first person makes it in.

Is it One Direction at Buffalo?

Hello All,

Wasn't sure if I should put this in "The Trading Post" or here. Mods feel free to move or merge or whatever you do.

I am selling two concert tickets currently. (I am embarrassed to say who they are for so I will leave that out.) I listed them on Stubhub, eBay, and craigslist. I have a buyer who has sent me payment via Paypal. Once it clears my account I will send the tickets.

What I have been thinking about is the tickets are e-Tickets. Once I get payment I will email the buyer the PDF of the tickets. My question is what is to prevent me or others from just reselling the same PDF tickets to multiple people. These tickets are selling for $500 each. I could probably unload them 5 or 6 times and make $5,000 or so.

Obviously once the concert rolls around whoever gets to the concert first would get in and all others would be screwed. At that point, I know I would be tracked down and get suspended or many negative revierws from whichever websites I sold the tickets through. However, I assume you could just create new email addresses and new accounts and nothing would be too terrible.

I am not planning on doing this. I have told my buyer he could meet me personally if he would prefer too. However, if I was a buyer I would be nervous just getting sent e-tickets. Thoughts?

Yep, if you buy PDF tickets like that it is risky. I got burned once doing that...never bought that way again. Luckily i purchased using Paypal and they were eventually able to refund my money after i submitted a dispute/fraud claim.

I sell a bunch of tickets every year through Craiglist and it amazes me how many people out there will trust you to be honest (and not try to resell the same tickets). I'd never do that to someone but I know it is common practice. People can be awful.....so many scammers and thieves out there.

Hello All,

All the more reason to use Stubhub to handle the purchase.

Yep, if you buy PDF tickets like that it is risky. I got burned once doing that...never bought that way again. Luckily i purchased using Paypal and they were eventually able to refund my money after i submitted a dispute/fraud claim.

I sell a bunch of tickets every year through Craiglist and it amazes me how many people out there will trust you to be honest (and not try to resell the same tickets). I'd never do that to someone but I know it is common practice. People can be awful.....so many scammers and thieves out there.

hard tickets are often no better, as you can print e-tickets of my hard copy season tickets anyway....

and what is the deterrent? jail. if you are caught, and ticketmaster and the league would want you caught so their ticket re-sale empire stays strong, you will go to jail. at $500 a ticket you get to some real big numbers quickly and large dollars mean large punishments.