Freddy injured again.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booger McFarland on nfl radio talked about how he doesn't believe most injuries in camp bc a lot of vets will do it to get a break for the long seaskn

heard it and agreed. Honestly, expect Adrian Peterson to miss at least 2 weeks this preseason.

Fred is done. He was old and slow last year. The wheels have fallen off. I wish he was four years younger and had the same team and coaching staff that he does now.

It is time to bring him in the office and have the talk. Retire or get cut now.

Led the team in first downs last year. Might as well change out the entirety of the offense then too.

Booger McFarland on nfl radio talked about how he doesn't believe most injuries in camp bc a lot of vets will do it to get a break for the long seaskn

Could this be what's going on with McCoy's toe issue?
Edited by What a Tuel

Huge deal---hammies can plague a rb/wr all season, and as we age the healing process is more complicated.

Exactly why it's better for it to happen now, so he can properly heal instead of rushing back to play in games. Those things tend to linger in the regular season because players come back before they are 100%.

I hope that's it. It's going to be Fred's body, not his heart that determines if he has another season in him, IMO.

Time to see if the FBs can run the ball, with Fred and Dixon out for now, and Bryce still has fumbles.

MarQueis Gray is there TE/HB

What fumbles are you talking about the ONE last year. Hasn`t fumbled in camp at all. Has a TON of more upside than Fred.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=7670&line=314248&spln=1

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/08/07/bills-depth-at-running-back-takes-another-hit/

The rest of the plays were runs that the defense was able to keep out of the end zone. Alex Carrington made one of the best plays when he stopped Brown in his tracks for no gain. Brown struggled in the drill, failing to score on six rush attempts and losing a fumble.

“I forgot to do that,” Ryan said as he knocked on the wooden podium, referencing his comment Thursday about how Brown had not fumbled to that point. “He put one down today. But yeah, that’s been an issue. He’s got to just hit it. He’s got the best guy in the league in Anthony Lynn working with him. He’s got to believe in it.”

If you're going to troll, at least be factual.

I`ll still take him over dead legs.Get rid of BOTH then.Fred has NO..NO. Upside.Fan favorites don`t win games.It`s been such a losing culture here,that fans begin to accept a washed up r.b. as a icon. Pro-bowler ? League top 5 back ever? Hall of famer ? No, but he`s a nice guy. He was part of why we were losers all these years. He just wasn`t good enough ever.Spiller and Jackson . I`ve seen other top r.b.s produce big numbers ,without a good Qb.Just because he played for us,you were blinded by reality. That is why we got Shady. We needed a play maker at this position. We let HALL OF FAME players go when they were done. Thurm ,Reed,Bruce, What makes a average rb ,better than them ?? Whatever.

I`ll still take him over dead legs.Get rid of BOTH then.Fred has NO..NO. Upside.Fan favorites don`t win games.It`s been such a losing culture here,that fans begin to accept a washed up r.b. as a icon. Pro-bowler ? League top 5 back ever? Hall of famer ? No, but he`s a nice guy. He was part of why we were losers all these years. He just wasn`t good enough ever.Spiller and Jackson . I`ve seen other top r.b.s produce big numbers ,without a good Qb.Just because he played for us,you were blinded by reality. That is why we got Shady. We needed a play maker at this position. We let HALL OF FAME players go when they were done. Thurm ,Reed,Bruce, What makes a average rb ,better than them ?? Whatever.

Not really a fair comparison. He's going to be used as a platoon/backup/3rd downish back, not a featured back.

Agreed...and last year he really lost a step. I love the guy but his time has come.

Great guy, but the time is running out on Fred Jackson. He's the oldest running back in the entire league. As they say, "Father Time is undefeated"

Nobody hates Fred Jackson, just the opposite, but let's face reality.