Freddy injured again.

Great guy, but the time is running out on Fred Jackson. He's the oldest running back in the entire league. As they say, "Father Time is undefeated"

Nobody hates Fred Jackson, just the opposite, but let's face reality.

Emmitt Smith Age 34 937 yards rushing 9 td's

Marcus Allen Age 36 830 yards 9 td's his stats at 35 were better

There are more look em up. #fredfacingreality

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guy, but the time is running out on Fred Jackson. He's the oldest running back in the entire league. As they say, "Father Time is undefeated"

Nobody hates Fred Jackson, just the opposite, but let's face reality.

Thanks,at least one understands.

Not really a fair comparison. He's going to be used as a platoon/backup/3rd downish back, not a featured back.

He has been thought of in the past here and recently as a featured back. He was never that.

What fumbles are you talking about the ONE last year. Hasn`t fumbled in camp at all. Has a TON of more upside than Fred.

Tidbits form Astro

Dean Kindig@TCBILLS_Astro 7m

Bryce Brown's second fumble in two days ends it for him. Looks like Shady, FredEx, and Karlos with Boobie on cusp, pending 6 WRs or 2 FBs

On Friday, Brown fumbled in a goal line drill, was stuffed on several occasions, and was then spotted after practice with an ice wrap on his knee.

Blue White scrimmage 8/8/15

Brown fumbled on his third rushing attempt, and the ball was recovered by the defense
Edited by ALF

Emmitt Smith Age 34 937 yards rushing 9 td's

Marcus Allen Age 36 830 yards 9 td's his stats at 35 were better

There are more look em up. #fredfacingreality

Yeah look who they are. Fred isn`t ,wasn`t even close to their talent, C`mon. In your mind and a few others. Hall of famers. Really.

It boggles the mind to think there are fans out there watching the same games I watch and have anything negative to say about Fred.The guy was running through that tire fire of a line last year and still managed to fall forward and make the tough yards, protect the QB,and most importantly lead by example.The guys not the fastest or youngest but he always does something right on damn near every play.Its freaking crazy how damn solid he is and people that don't really understand how football works don't see him breaking big flashy plays and think he is not worthy of a roster spot and he's old.My god that stiff arm play against Chicago are you freaking kidding me he's old,that's all you got?....your off your damn rocker if you think he has no significant value.Leadership,toughness,smarts,heart,and just consistency are so underrated it's annoying really.To recap if you don't have a total man or woman crush on Fred Jackson,like Antwan Dobson says you are so dumb...for real.

It boggles the mind to think there are fans out there watching the same games I watch and have anything negative to say about Fred.The guy was running through that tire fire of a line last year and still managed to fall forward and make the tough yards, protect the QB,and most importantly lead by example.The guys not the fastest or youngest but he always does something right on damn near every play.Its freaking crazy how damn solid he is and people that don't really understand how football works don't see him breaking big flashy plays and think he is not worthy of a roster spot and he's old.My god that stiff arm play against Chicago are you freaking kidding me he's old,that's all you got?....your off your damn rocker if you think he has no significant value.Leadership,toughness,smarts,heart,and just consistency are so underrated it's annoying really.To recap if you don't have a total man or woman crush on Fred Jackson,like Antwan Dobson says you are so dumb...for real.

Unfortunately outside that one run he was under 3.5 yards per carry for the entire season. I like Freddy a whole lot but he's nearing the end. How many years do you think he has left? Playing til 40, or is the end somewhere near?

hall of famers have superior body parts hamstrings, etc. that last longer? is that your point? I thought it was talent. Thanks for that.

One might guess that their freakish anatomy could correlate to rare talent, and the consistency at that age being so rare is part of what made them so unique...

And that those were steps back for those guys too.

He has been thought of in the past here and recently as a featured back. He was never that.

I am not sure what people on here are saying, but the team obviously views him as a backup/platoon back. That's why we traded for McCoy and Brown, and drafted Williams.

But I would disagree about him never being a featured back. He was a really solid guy for us in 2009, 2010, and 2011, and he has always been an excellent 3rd down back/pass catcher (even last year, he had 66 receptions, which is pretty amazing!).

I know you think he has run out of gas, but he's a guy that strikes me as defying the odds.

I am not sure what people on here are saying, but the team obviously views him as a backup/platoon back. That's why we traded for McCoy and Brown, and drafted Williams.

But I would disagree about him never being a featured back. He was a really solid guy for us in 2009, 2010, and 2011, and he has always been an excellent 3rd down back/pass catcher (even last year, he had 66 receptions, which is pretty amazing!).

I know you think he has run out of gas, but he's a guy that strikes me as defying the odds.

09 10 11 Was he a top 5 or 10 back in rushing yds those yrs. I`ll look it up.

Unfortunately outside that one run he was under 3.5 yards per carry for the entire season. I like Freddy a whole lot but he's nearing the end. How many years do you think he has left? Playing til 40, or is the end somewhere near?

He obviously isn't the guy who is going to put up big numbers any more but I do believe behind a real offensive line he will shock the hell out of people.I would put him up against anyone in the league from a qb protection,short yardage,and just all around nifty a$$ play perspective.I believe he will compliment Shady well.He has lost a step but has also adapted into something like a Swiss army knife. Edited by bacarri and coke

He obviously isn't the guy who is going to put up big numbers any more but I do believe behind a real offensive line he will shock the hell out of people.I would put him up against anyone in the league from a qb protection,short yardage,and just all around nifty a$$ play perspective.I believe he will compliment Shady well.He has lost a step but has also adapted into something like a Swiss army knife.

He won't even make the final roster.

He won't even make the final roster.

Wanna bet?

Two years ago, half way through the season, Fred Jackson was having as good a season as any RB in the entire league. Arguably the best. Eight games in one season is as good enough a sample as necessary especially because he was not a rookie. He had showed this before. There really wasn't any reason to believe that he couldn't keep it up. Then he got hurt.

Fred Jackson is a top quality RB in this league who is on the decline because of his age but is still highly talented and effective. There are certain things he can still do and some things he can't.

Fred was gaining 3 on runs where CJ, and a lot of other nfl backs would be the same way, was losing yardage. He had some miracle runs for short gains on shotgun handoffs up the middle where he shoulda been stuffed. His vision is top of the line and he still has enough shiftiness to elude, not a big play runner but I think can improve on that ypc and produce. Also if McCoy ever misses games Freddy becomes an important player for third downs and other pass situations, extremely reliable blocking, catching and finding a way to get first downs.

edit I'd think one or two more years

Edited by Aaron

But but he's rushed for over 1000 times just once his 8 year career here and is a great leader. I respect Freddie as a guy and he's a good football player but he gets way too much love by many fans here.

He got ripped off for years being forced to play behind lesser RBs, primarily Spiller, due to their draft statuses which was not his fault.

He did everything asked of him when those times were. He led the league in All-Purpose Yards in '09. He's had over a thousand yards from scrimmage in five seasons.

All this time he's had, including this season although his f/t starting career ended with the 2013 season, 1st-round draft pick RBs in front of him, both of whom he was better than, simply because they were 1st-round picks.

How many yards from scrimmage and rushing yards would have have had if the team had not given priority to Lynch and Spiller in a RBBC system favoring them, despite the favoritism shown them were never as consistent or as good as Jackson on the Bills.

He was better out of the backfield as a receiver too averaging more ypr than both of the others. In fact, the only thing that Jackson doesn't have is a better ypc than Spiller, but his consistency more than makes up for Spiller's one game of 8 ypc and then three of 2 or 3. Jackson was incredibly more reliable.

For Jackson to have put up the numbers that he did as a backup is semi-remarkable. It's a real shame that he wasn't the #1 RB by himself for the 6 seasons of his prime. He would have cemented himself in Bills history had he been able to do that and quite possibly challenged Thurman's career numbers.

If healthy Fred will make this team.Dont discount his value as a leader and a professional.I know if a playoff game came down to one play and you need something good to happen I want Fred out there.He will be in the right place at the right time and either get a yard that's not there,recover a fumble,blow up a lineman or be in the right spot to bail the qb out on an outlet pass he just will.His best quality in my opinion is he is reliable.People been doubting this man for how long now?