U.S.A 3 - Slovakia 1 in hockey world cup

millbank

Ya know Millbank, sometimes I think you and me are the only hockey fans on this board.

It was nice to see the US finally win by shaking up the lineup. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Guerin's goal was a thing of beauty I must say.

The coming lockout is not good news, but perhaps one positive will be some very excellent college programs will get more attention and folks simply going out to local arena’s and seeing the local young men playing ( and young ladies , yikes) . So many fine folk just because they love the game and care much for the communities they live in spend their precious free time coaching and helping at local arena’s perhaps folks will take the time to see the efforts and show some attention and appreciation.

The NHL strike doesn't bother me. I'm sick of what Gary Bettmen and company have done to our game. Perhaps some time off will force them to make the necessary rule changes to put the speed & skill back in the sport that was once its trademark.

Until that happens, I'll be satisfied to watch our local boys fight it out.

The coming lockout is not good news, but perhaps one positive will be some very excellent college programs will get more attention and folks simply going out to local arena’s and seeing the local young men playing ( and young ladies , yikes) . So many fine folk just because they love the game and care much for the communities they live in spend their precious free time coaching and helping at local arena’s perhaps folks will take the time to see the efforts and show some attention and appreciation.

17999[/snapback]

Only problem with that is my location. The south is a bit lacking on college hockey teams in my area. Let's all hope they get this resolved without too much dead time... :wacko:

The NHL strike doesn't bother me.  I'm sick of what Gary Bettmen and company have done to our game.  Perhaps some time off will force them to make the necessary rule changes to put the speed & skill back in the sport that was once its trademark.

Until that happens, I'll be satisfied to watch our local boys fight it out.

18065[/snapback]

Zactly...gives me more time to check on up and coming prospects,college players,etc....

Then again,I can always pop in a copy of Mystic Alaska and check out that MILF....