Rex Ryan: I Won't Repeat Jets Mistakes in Buffalo

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm guessing Rex reported to Idzik in NJ? If so, then going straight to Woody would have been overstepping. Here the reporting structure is straight line -- both Rex and Whaley report to Pegs. So in other words, this article is much ado about nothing.

I'm guessing Rex reported to Idzik in NJ? If so, then going straight to Woody would have been overstepping. Here the reporting structure is straight line -- both Rex and Whaley report to Pegs. So in other words, this article is much ado about nothing.

I like the fact that he not only recognizes his past mistakes, but is open about it and acknowledges them publicly.

they had to throw the QB blurb in there didnt they.......couldn't help themselves

It's PFT. Of course not.

Call me crazy but I think we'll start to see the pendulum swing back from offense to defense within a few seasons.

We're seeing mega money deals for slightly above average QB play in Flacco, Dalton, and Tannehill of all people. The going rate on QBs is rapidly outpacing the salary cap.

I think that's on the plan for next season. Really, who was on the open market, and who was there at our pick in round 2?

Skelton of course; we could trade our 2nd pick and out starting DE to get whomever has him!

I like the fact that he not only recognizes his past mistakes, but is open about it and acknowledges them publicly.

Agreed, and it seems that's a significant part of what got him the job. He surprised them with that openness.

Agreed, and it seems that's a significant part of what got him the job. He surprised them with that openness.

players say he has "no ego." I think he does have one ...he is supremely confident in his defensive scheme. But otherwise... He's not an a__ hole who thinks he is right all the time and never makes mistakes. Players love that... He's a human being. He doesn't act holier than thou. That's a real turn off for NFL players. Edited by YoloinOhio

It's PFT. Of course not.

Call me crazy but I think we'll start to see the pendulum swing back from offense to defense within a few seasons.

We're seeing mega money deals for slightly above average QB play in Flacco, Dalton, and Tannehill of all people. The going rate on QBs is rapidly outpacing the salary cap.

I think you underestimate how fast the cap has grown. Remember, in 2000 it was like 60m and next year will be in the area of 160

players say he has "no ego." I think he does have one ...he is supremely confident in his defensive scheme. But otherwise... He's not an a__ hole who thinks he is right all the time and never makes mistakes. Players love that... He's a human being. He doesn't act holier than thou. That's a real turn off for NFL players.

Oh, I think there's plenty of ego there. That may help for a while. I have serious questions long term about this hire, but I'm sure it's refreshing for the players right now. And I hope it works better and longer than I suspect is likely. A great OC is a big part of making that happen.

Why do we hear Rexy every. Single. Day. Of. Our. Lives.

Dont you have some work to go do? Dont you have a couch in your office to go sleep on, so you can wake up at 4 am and watch more film?

Why do I feel like I'm watching Rex Ryan's reality TV show?

I guess he's supposed to be a good coach, but . . . this isnt really a Buffalo way to approach a grinding-ass job.