Random TC thoughts from 8/6

I'll let Astro cover the majority (bow down to the king) but here are some interesting things I picked up from camp today **Mods please merge**

Ron Darby was like glue. He was covered R.Woods like white on rice during 1:1. I think he is going to be great. Good pick.

John Miller was also impressive. He boasts a tremendous lower body and was sturdy in pass- pro. He and Henderson picked up some nice twists on at least two occasions. I believe he will be, at least, a serviceable guard with much potential.

The TE battle is very intriguing. They used A LOT of 12 and 22 personnel today, rotating with all groups in teams of two. I would not be surprised if they keep 4 this year (Clay, Gragg, O'Leary, Mulligan). Gragg had a tremendous day, catching a lot of balls and running well. This is a position I will watch closely in preseason. I was underwhelmed by Clay today. He caught one screen at the beginning of practice, but nothing else really popped out at me from him.

Shady will be a great time to watch. He is lightning.

Dez Lewis will not make the active roster, I wouldn't be surprised if he is not signed to the PS either. He appeared uncomfortable and immobile, with his one strength being stature. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Again, Mario butler made plays. At this point Butler>Cockrell.

Jerry Hughes pushed Fred Jackson out of the way to field a Colton holy Schmitt Bomb ( boy can he boom them) and proceeded to drop it...

i can't wait to watch this defense. On one play, if it was a live game, Cassel would have needed a body bag.

Oh anything else? QB you say?

Okay well...

I'll reserve my judgement...

Hope this was interesting!

I'll let Astro cover the majority (bow down to the king) but here are some interesting things I picked up from camp today **Mods please merge**

Ron Darby was like glue. He was covered R.Woods like white on rice during 1:1. I think he is going to be great. Good pick.

John Miller was also impressive. He boasts a tremendous lower body and was sturdy in pass- pro. He and Henderson picked up some nice twists on at least two occasions. I believe he will be, at least, a serviceable guard with much potential.

The TE battle is very intriguing. They used A LOT of 12 and 22 personnel today, rotating with all groups in teams of two. I would not be surprised if they keep 4 this year (Clay, Gragg, O'Leary, Mulligan). Gragg had a tremendous day, catching a lot of balls and running well. This is a position I will watch closely in preseason. I was underwhelmed by Clay today. He caught one screen at the beginning of practice, but nothing else really popped out at me from him.

Dez Lewis will not make the active roster, I wouldn't be surprised if he is not signed to the PS either. He appeared uncomfortable and immobile, with his one strength being stature. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Jerry Hughes pushed Fred Jackson out of the way to field a Colton holy Schmitt Bomb ( boy can he boom them) and proceeded to drop it...

i can't wait to watch this defense. On one play, if it was a live game, Cassel would have needed a body bag.

Okay well...

thanks!! how did our ILBs look?

I wasn't there (grandkids in town), so this is great.

I know I'll be at next Monday's practice, but I don't see my grandkids often enough (they're in TX and ID), and they're all here.

Nice, enjoy the family! Overall, it wasn't a very exciting day but did see some exciting stuff out of our early round rookies.

Okay well...

If you tell me about the QBs now, that will be the end of it, i will not look for you I will not pursue you, but if you do not I will look for you and I will find you.

Can you please elaborate on that Hughes/Fred moment. Was that on team work or Fred was putting some extra time fielding punts?

Before the ST session focused on Punt, Schmitt s.p. Was getting some extra work in punting balls. The rest of guys were catching a break from action. Fred went down to field the punts, as he would later do in the structured team portion. Before the session actually began, Hughes came

over, they jawed a little, presumably messing around, and Hughes worked his way to field a punt and muffed it. Just a bit of fun inbetween the serious play.

Thanks for the report.

Oh yeah, thanks

Okay, Heff, just cause you asked so nicely. Give me a few

Okay well...

Good stuff! Mario Butler is a guy that seems to keep flashing. He may very well be on this roster.

To be fair, I've always been an EJ hopeful. Please keep that in mind.

During the routes on air section, it is clear to me that EJ has a superior arm. He is big, powerful and was throwing it well. Cassel has a tight spiral but a noticeably weaker arm. Tyrod was average.

One of one's was another EJ win, with a couple nice throws that BB.com has posted. This was Tyrods worst session of the day. Cassel looked good as well.

As far as there team action, I felt that EJ was overwhelmed. He undoubtedly has the physical tools, but the blitz's, reads and coverages seem to impose negatively on him. For instance, the pick he through to Charles Clay was the right read, and had he lead him, would have been a 30 yard gain after escaping pressure. Instead, on the move, he left it a good five yards short, resulting in a terrible mistake.

Cassel seemed to make decent throws, but at this point, I am against starting him. He wreaks of Trent Edwards and always seemed to hit the underneath routes. He definitely has command of the offense, but it didn't appear he did his OL or running game any favors by limiting the log ball.

Tyrod to me was the worst QB of the day (I didn't watch Simms). He seemed erratic and of the mark. When I got home and heard Rex's comments about Taylor, I was shocked.

To me, EJ had the best day, but don't let that fool you (I'm trying not to). He did throw two picks and seemed to be leaving the long ball short.

Cassel was a close second, but I fear the check down, especially with the huge emphasis on the running game. If you can hit them over the top, they will load the box.

Tyrod gives you the mobile aspect, but seems to be an average arm with a below average pocket presence. Scrambling on 3 and 12 won't cut it either.

Again, I've been waiting for EJ to step up, and I truly hope he has. Is he better than last year? Physically? Yes. Mentally, what really matters, idk.

Good stuff! Mario Butler is a guy that seems to keep flashing. He may very well be on this roster.

I have him on my mock 53

To be fair, I've always been an EJ hopeful. Please keep that in mind.

During the routes on air section, it is clear to me that EJ has a superior arm. He is big, powerful and was throwing it well. Cassel has a tight spiral but a noticeably weaker arm. Tyrod was average.

One of one's was another EJ win, with a couple nice throws that BB.com has posted. This was Tyrods worst session of the day. Cassel looked good as well.

As far as there team action, I felt that EJ was overwhelmed. He undoubtedly has the physical tools, but the blitz's, reads and coverages seem to impose negatively on him. For instance, the pick he through to Charles Clay was the right read, and had he lead him, would have been a 30 yard gain after escaping pressure. Instead, on the move, he left it a good five yards short, resulting in a terrible mistake.

Cassel seemed to make decent throws, but at this point, I am against starting him. He wreaks of Trent Edwards and always seemed to hit the underneath routes. He definitely has command of the offense, but it didn't appear he did his OL or running game any favors by limiting the log ball.

Tyrod to me was the worst QB of the day (I didn't watch Simms). He seemed erratic and of the mark. When I got home and heard Rex's comments about Taylor, I was shocked.

To me, EJ had the best day, but don't let that fool you (I'm trying not to). He did throw two picks and seemed to be leaving the long ball short.

Cassel was a close second, but I fear the check down, especially with the huge emphasis on the running game. If you can hit them over the top, they will load the box.

Tyrod gives you the mobile aspect, but seems to be an average arm with a below average pocket presence. Scrambling on 3 and 12 won't cut it either.

Again, I've been waiting for EJ to step up, and I truly hope he has. Is he better than last year? Physically? Yes. Mentally, what really matters, idk.

Thanks good honest assessment.

I have him on my mock 53

Okay well...

Interesting. Sal Capaccio said this about Lewis today "Dezmin Lewis got time with the first team at wide receiver. He had a good day overall, showing great athleticism to go along with his size."

Interesting. Sal Capaccio said this about Lewis today "Dezmin Lewis got time with the first team at wide receiver. He had a good day overall, showing great athleticism to go along with his size."

I hope he is right. I try not to buy into the "first team, second team, scout team" tweets in regards to the skills positions because they are all rotating with unseen impacts such as injuries and personnel combinations. Only time will tell, I'll be interested to see the outcome