GOP DEBATES

Hmmmmm..........somebody let Huck know that the charade on CNN may not work.

A military veterans group told Donald Trump they do not want his money from his fundraiser for vets

Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America founder Paul Rieckhoff tweeted Wednesday he would turn away any donation that came from the fundraiser Trump is planning to speak at in lieu of participating in the presidential primary debate in Iowa Thursday.

zKwXltZb_normal.jpg Paul (PJ) Rieckhoff

@PaulRieckhoff

If offered, @IAVA will decline donations from Trump's event. We need strong policies from candidates,

not to be used for political stunts.

Edited by B-Man

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A military veterans group told Donald Trump they do not want his money from his fundraiser for vets

Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America founder Paul Rieckhoff tweeted Wednesday he would turn away any donation that came from the fundraiser Trump is planning to speak at in lieu of participating in the presidential primary debate in Iowa Thursday.

His poll numbers will increase. He's the teflon don.

Which event is the bigger "charade"?...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/01/28/beware-hypocritical-conservatives-defending-the-sins-of-fox-news-over-trump/

This is not to say that Trump is a fully trustworthy person, just noting that the "Fair and Balanced" Fox News network is losing tons of credibility thanks to being exposed by popular "new media" sites like Breitbart.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journalism/2016/01/28/beware-hypocritical-conservatives-defending-the-sins-of-fox-news-over-trump/

This is not to say that Trump is a fully trustworthy person, just noting that the "Fair and Balanced" Fox News network is losing tons of credibility thanks to being exposed by popular "new media" sites like Breitbart.

Fox News isn't running for President of the United States.

I trust the network with hot blondes.

Fox News isn't running for President of the United States.

I heard someone say that the RNC should run the debates. Come up with their own questions. It is after all for the members of their party to help them choose their candidate not for some networks to entertain the masses. I think this is a good idea. The networks can run the debate but the RNC (and the DNC for that matter) should come up with the questions.

I heard someone say that the RNC should run the debates. Come up with their own questions. It is after all for the members of their party to help them choose their candidate not for some networks to entertain the masses. I think this is a good idea. The networks can run the debate but the RNC (and the DNC for that matter) should come up with the questions.

Yes but the questions would be like "Why is our party awesome?"

Oh, please. Now conservatives have a problem with Fox News? :lol:

Let me let you in on a little secret: Fox news, Donald Trump, Megyn Kelly and Brietbart are ALL getting precisely what they want from this crap. Ratings, money, click hits, etc.

Every. Last. One. Of. Them.

And the Trumpster Divers are keeping them all alive and well.

What's worse, her asking the questions or him running away like a five-year old who's just seen the bogeyman under the bed.

Her asking the questions.

Seriously, I think this move is brilliant on Trump's part. He's upstaging the debate by refusing to participate in it, and keeping himself in the headlines at other candidates' expense, AND marginalizing everyone else by refusing to legitimize the debate as the Republican front-runner.

It's great marketing. Not what you want in a leader ("I'm not going to the G8 summit if they seat me next to Angela Merkel again!") But great marketing.

And let's be honest, marketing is the only thing Trump is interested in. The number of people who find him genuine is actually frightening.

Not the first time I've said this: Trump is a brand. He's not a real person. Just a brand.

I still like the theory that this is a publicity stunt that has gone wildly out of control, and he just doesn't know how to stop it now.

What's worse, her asking the questions or him running away like a five-year old who's just seen the bogeyman under the bed.

both sides put themselves in intractable positions which they couldn't back out of and save face. That said I don't mind someone putting the media in their place....they make a ton of money on these debates, while using them to try and steer elections in favor of their biases. Edited by truth on hold

That's stupid. Take the money.

And let's be honest, marketing is the only thing Trump is interested in. The number of people who find him genuine is actually frightening.

Let's bring America back to the days of snake oil salesmen.

both sides put themselves in intractable positions which they couldn't back out of and save face. That said I don't mind someone putting the media in their place....they make a ton of money on these debates, while using them to try and steer elections in favor of their biases.

Again, Fox News won't have the power to affect my daily life. A thin skinned mental lightweight with lots of power at his disposal, may.