8-6: EJ Manuel from Bills' Camp on Local Radio

8-6: EJ MANUEL TALKS WITH HOWARD AND JEREMY ON WGR (11:51)

@WGR550

Buffalo Bills QB EJ Manuel on WGR

Manuel: "You can't put too much pressure on yourself or you can't function"

Manuel: "You don't want to be (overly) aggressive and throw interceptions all over the place. You want to be smart with the ball"

Manuel on the evaluation process: "A lot of it is going to be based on the games"

Manuel: "I'd like to be much more consistent. I think it's a matter of relaxing and just going out there and playing"

Manuel: "I'm a competitive guy.....I've been in situations like this and ones where I was the guy. It's about battling back"

8-6: EJ MANUEL ON KISS 98.5 (7:36)

The Kiss 98.5 link will also lead to interviews with Andre Reed, Duke Williams, Corey Graham, Boobie Dixon, and Richie Incognito. Enjoy!

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

"Manuel on the evaluation process: 'A lot of it is going to be based on the games'"

^This.

If any of these QBs starts looking great in a couple of scrimmages/games they have the starting job. I think Bills fans more than any other in the NFL are really going to have by far the most anticipation in watching these preseason games. They are huge in what are offense is going to look like (Cassel vs Manuel/Taylor) and who is actually picked to start the season. Whoever is picked is not going to have a lock on the job though. This will make for a very week in week out unsettled feeling this year. I just hope that Manuel or Taylor can magically come through a solidify the position once and for all. Chances look slim for that though. I really don't want Cassel starting for this team. NFL greatness is about taking chances, not going with a journeyman backup who's marginally more consistent than the two younger QBs.

"Manuel on the evaluation process: 'A lot of it is going to be based on the games'"

^This.

If any of these QBs starts looking great in a couple of scrimmages/games they have the starting job. I think Bills fans more than any other in the NFL are really going to have by far the most anticipation in watching these preseason games. They are huge in what are offense is going to look like (Cassel vs Manuel/Taylor) and who is actually picked to start the season. Whoever is picked is not going to have a lock on the job though. This will make for a very week in week out unsettled feeling this year. I just hope that Manuel or Taylor can magically come through a solidify the position once and for all. Chances look slim for that though. I really don't want Cassel starting for this team. NFL greatness is about taking chances, not going with a journeyman backup who's marginally more consistent than the two younger QBs.

I'd just like to see how they do in actual game situations against any defense that isn't ours.

Caveat: I'm not thrilled with the reports out of TC regarding the Bills' QBs

The preseason games are going to be huge. These guys are practicing against one of the best and deepest defenses in the league. I know some view that as a crutch or an excuse, but it's reality.

Let's see what they do against some other teams who aren't as talented on the defensive side of the ball (which is just about everyone).

Caveat: I'm not thrilled with the reports out of TC regarding the Bills' QBs

The preseason games are going to be huge. These guys are practicing against one of the best and deepest defenses in the league. I know some view that as a crutch or an excuse, but it's reality.

Let's see what they do against some other teams who aren't as talented on the defensive side of the ball (which is just about everyone).

I was thinking yesterday...With the known fact that this team is going to built around the Defense and the run game would it not be a FAR bigger issue if one, two, or all three of these QB's were lighting it up in Camp so far? ;)

The key to the QB battle is that there is a real possibility that the Bills D might pitch a shut-out holding the opponents offense to zero0 points.

The model for this Bills team to make the playoffs is the same one Baltimore used to make failed1st round pick Trent Dilfer an SB winner. Can anyone out there make a serious case that manul, Cassel. Tyler (or even Simms) is capable of leading of leading this (or any other) NFL team to glory?

Nope.

The success (or failure) to make the playoffs will be determined by:

1. How the DL does- Prospects look very good

2. Whether the LBs step up- Prospects look quite possible

3. Whether our secondary steps up- McKelvin lack of recovery challenges depth but early Darby results make prospects good.

ST also needs to continue level achieved at end of last season. Its very tough to win an SB with mainly a great D, but Balt shows it can be done. The good news for us is that winning the SB is not our key goal, "merely" making the playoffs is.

We can do this led by our D and the QB battle is really little more than an interesting sideshow for the true prospects of this team.

The key to the QB battle is that there is a real possibility that the Bills D might pitch a shut-out holding the opponents offense to zero0 points.

The model for this Bills team to make the playoffs is the same one Baltimore used to make failed1st round pick Trent Dilfer an SB winner. Can anyone out there make a serious case that manul, Cassel. Tyler (or even Simms) is capable of leading of leading this (or any other) NFL team to glory?

Nope.

The success (or failure) to make the playoffs will be determined by:

1. How the DL does- Prospects look very good

2. Whether the LBs step up- Prospects look quite possible

3. Whether our secondary steps up- McKelvin lack of recovery challenges depth but early Darby results make prospects good.

ST also needs to continue level achieved at end of last season. Its very tough to win an SB with mainly a great D, but Balt shows it can be done. The good news for us is that winning the SB is not our key goal, "merely" making the playoffs is.

We can do this led by our D and the QB battle is really little more than an interesting sideshow for the true prospects of this team.

I think our team is closer to 2012 Seattle than 2000 Baltimore

Brent Axe: ‘EJ Manuel Is A Hot Mess’

“Can I combine ‘hot mess’ into one word?” Axe asked on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “That’s really the best way to describe E.J. Manuel. He’s overthrowing open receivers during routine drills with no defense on wide receivers. He’s overthrowing open receivers that have defense on them. He’s under-throwing running backs and receivers just on those short screen passes. And now let’s add in the fact that a brand-new thing on the E.J. Manual docket is he’s fumbling a lot of snaps during training camp as well. He just doesn’t look confident. I think he knows he’s got to show something in this camp. I think he’s pressing, and I think he just has not looked good at all.

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2015/08/06/brent-axe-ej-manuel-is-a-hot-mess/

Brent Axe: ‘EJ Manuel Is A Hot Mess’

“Can I combine ‘hot mess’ into one word?” Axe asked on CBS Sports Radio’s The DA Show. “That’s really the best way to describe E.J. Manuel. He’s overthrowing open receivers during routine drills with no defense on wide receivers. He’s overthrowing open receivers that have defense on them. He’s under-throwing running backs and receivers just on those short screen passes. And now let’s add in the fact that a brand-new thing on the E.J. Manual docket is he’s fumbling a lot of snaps during training camp as well. He just doesn’t look confident. I think he knows he’s got to show something in this camp. I think he’s pressing, and I think he just has not looked good at all.

http://da.radio.cbssports.com/2015/08/06/brent-axe-ej-manuel-is-a-hot-mess/

Welcome to the exaggeration station!