Bills training camp practice 8/6

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good idea with the separate pinned thread for today's practice.

EJ certainly seems to be more self-aware this year, which I suppose is a plus. I just wish the damn light would click on and he'd show that potential on the field.

I don't think it will ever be a question of the light going on or not. He can either throw accurately or not.....right now, he STILL can't.

I don't think it will ever be a question of the light going on or not. He can either throw accurately or not.....right now, he STILL can't.

I'm a believer that a lot of accuracy is confidence. There are mechanical aspects of course, but there have been plenty of accurate QBs with less-than-ideal mechanics. Their common trait? Confidence (swagger).

EJ needs to believe he knows the offense backwards and forwards so he's not thinking about it. I'm pretty sure that's what he means when he's talking about "letting it rip."

EJ certainly seems to be more self-aware this year, which I suppose is a plus. I just wish the damn light would click on and he'd show that potential on the field.

I don't think accuracy, be it football/baseball/basketball, is a matter of the light going on. In some ways, the more you press the worse it gets. Maybe if it were a matter of bad mechanics you could coach that up, but his mechanics are actually good. I honestly don't see this problem getting better. If anything, it gets in your head and becomes worse...like a struggling putter developing the yips.

I don't think accuracy, be it football/baseball/basketball, is a matter of the light going on. In some ways, the more you press the worse it gets. Maybe if it were a matter of bad mechanics you could coach that up, but his mechanics are actually good. I honestly don't see this problem getting better. If anything, it gets in your head and becomes worse...like a struggling putter developing the yips.

Read the post just above yours. ;)

Read the post just above yours. ;)

EJ, to me, has everything you would want...good character, smarts, size, mobility and a great arm. What I can't figure out for the life of me is how he can miss a receiver by so much who is 10 yards away from him. I have been able to thread a needle with a football for as long as I can remember and it just comes naturally. It boggles my mind that someone who has played their whole life and on a college and pro level can still look like this...something is just not right.

EJ, to me, has everything you would want...good character, smarts, size, mobility and a great arm. What I can't figure out for the life of me is how he can miss a receiver by so much who is 10 yards away from him. I have been able to thread a needle with a football for as long as I can remember and it just comes naturally. It boggles my mind that someone who has played their whole life and on a college and pro level can still look like this...something is just not right.

Why aren't you playing QB?

Get ready for the jokes that he's the best QB at camp today...

@JoeLicata16: Just rolled up to @buffalobills camp with @PhilStaze, @JohnBlenk, and Jordan. Pumped to watch! #BillsCamp #BillsMafia

Licata 2016!! That would be a fun thought, local kid and all, but I don't think he's NFL caliber

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 6m6 minutes ago
EJ Manuel got the first reps with the first team offense and went 2-2 for roughly 25 yards. Cassel in now.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 1m1 minute ago
LeSean McCoy has made a few big plays already in team drills. Seems to be feeling fine. Toe will be worth monitoring throughout camp.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 55s55 seconds ago
Tyrod Taylor took a deep shot to Sammy Watkins who seemed like he was held or tripped up a bit. No flag.

Edited by CNY315