Boobie Dixon has calf injury - out for 1 month

Puts his spot on the roster in jeopardy for sure.

Well, I think that's the question. Does it? Boobie is a proven ST demon and by all accounts a great teammate. Why keep Bryce Brown over him?

Well, I think that's the question. Does it? Boobie is a proven ST demon and by all accounts a great teammate. Why keep Bryce Brown over him?

Monetarily, cutting Boobie would save the Bills more money then cutting Brown. They'd save roughly $2m.

Monetarily, cutting Boobie would save the Bills more money then cutting Brown. They'd save roughly $2m.

Chump change at this point. I'd really like to see Whaley deal Brown to the Texans for a pick.

Chump change at this point. I'd really like to see Whaley deal Brown to the Texans for a pick.

I agree, it isn't much but when you talk about having to re-sign guys like Bradham, who won't be the highest paid LB but will command a decent salary, $2m more could help.

I still would take Boobie over Brown though, as you say he just contributes more on Special Teams.

I'm not a Bryce Brown fan but he does offer more than Dixon IMO. I agree that Williams makes Dixon even more expendable because of his ST play, besides Dixon was a FA while we actually traded for Brown. Unless we could trade Brown I would think that just cutting him would take a little shine off of Whaley, nobody likes to admit that they made a mistake. Add in the contracts and if there is any truth to Dixon being considerably more expensive than Brown than I would suspect that it's bye bye Boobie. Also, didn't Roman let Dixon just walk while they were in San Fran? I wonder about that as well, what's up with that??

I'm not a Bryce Brown fan but he does offer more than Dixon IMO. I agree that Williams makes Dixon even more expendable because of his ST play, besides Dixon was a FA while we actually traded for Brown. Unless we could trade Brown I would think that just cutting him would take a little shine off of Whaley, nobody likes to admit that they made a mistake. Add in the contracts and if there is any truth to Dixon being considerably more expensive than Brown than I would suspect that it's bye bye Boobie. Also, didn't Roman let Dixon just walk while they were in San Fran? I wonder about that as well, what's up with that??

Roman probably what we saw last year that Boobie will never be a feature back in the NFL (not sure Bryce will be either) and while he does contribute on ST, ST isn't as vital as offense despite what some think here. That said I think Karlos Williams could replace both Boobie and Bryce Brown as he can contribute as RB, on ST and hopefully be the goal line back like he was in college in the NFL.

Edited by The Jokeman

He'll probably be on the roster because of special teams, but this smells of the classic "muscle strain to get out of training camp conditioning" injury.

it could end up being "muscle strain to lose your job." we have too many good RB's on this team for him to be an automatic on this roster. Karlos Williams is showing he can be a younger and lower priced Boobie D