Credit card payment order. Which one first?

My credit counselor said my credit was very very good. 550, 551, or 555 is my credit score. I think it's 50 points under the best. So I must be doing something right.

not sure if joking....

The Credit Score Range Using Various Scoring Models:

FICO Score range: 300-850

VantageScore 3.0 range: 300850

VantageScore scale (versions 1.0 and 2.0): 501990

PLUS Score: 330-830

TransRisk Score: 100-900

Equifax Credit Score: 280850

Most credit scores including the FICO score and the latest version of the VantageScore operate within the range of 301 to 850. Within that range, there are different categories, from bad to excellent.

Excellent Credit: 781 850

Good Credit: 661-780

Fair Credit: 601-660

Poor Credit: 501-600

Bad Credit: below 500

Really i wasnt one to beat you up, but you know theres more to financial wellness than low debt, and 6 month savings, right? It admittedly does sound like it might be worth doing a little learning on the topic. There may be ways you could be leveraging your money to do more for you than it is now. I dont mean that as an insult, but an opportunity to sharpen up your skills some. low debt and a nest egg are a great start that put you ahead of many, but no shame in trying to do even better. Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My credit counselor lied to me then.

Please see below.

After 4 pages of being scrutinized, If my credit score was really that low, 550, you think I would post it here? Lol guys. Lol.

i totally understand - but regardless of your actual score, i think that you not knowing your score, or what the counselor was quoting kind of speaks to the opportunity to learn more, even if you have a stellar rating.

i totally understand - but regardless of your actual score, i think that you not knowing your score, or what the counselor was quoting kind of speaks to the opportunity to learn more, even if you have a stellar rating.

I do know my score. Dont have a credit counselor. That was part of the joke too.

i've read through the entire thread and got more confused as time passed, and up front, i don't use credit cards, that said.....what is the credit limit on the lower interest card? did anyone suggest paying the higher card ($1300) using the lower card?

I have small credit card debt.

One card has 1300 debt on it. 19% interest on it.

One card has 600 debt on it. 9% interest.

Which one gets eliminated first? Assuming a combined payment of $200 each month for both cards. (not 400) Minimum payments are $25 for one and $20 for the other one.

The only reason I have this much is because I just bought a bed over the weekend.

Anyway finance gurus, which one should I kill first?

I do know my score. Dont have a credit counselor. That was part of the joke too.

got it - thought you were being serious.

i've read through the entire thread and got more confused as time passed, and up front, i don't use credit cards, that said.....what is the credit limit on the lower interest card? did anyone suggest paying the higher card ($1300) using the lower card?

transfers to lower interest or zero interest were common suggestions. same idea, roughly

If I do a transfer balance from the high one to the low one then Im going to incur a transfer fee. Even more money lost.

I think balance transfers are ok for big ass debts.

I must be missing something...transfer fee is around 3%, that would be $39 in fees...like i said, no financial guru here, quite the opposite..good luck, i hope you decide on a good plan. i do get the feeling you are messing with us big time though...you keep mentioning jokes, but what you are calling a joke seems more like an m. night shyamalan movie plot

If I do a transfer balance from the high one to the low one then Im going to incur a transfer fee. Even more money lost.

I think balance transfers are ok for big ass debts.

Edited by The Poojer

I must be missing something...transfer fee is around 3%, that would be $39 in fees...like i said, no financial guru here, quite the opposite..good luck, i hope you decide on a good plan. i do get the feeling you are messing with us big time though...you keep mentioning jokes, but what you are calling a joke seems more like an m. night shyamalan movie plot

hes just joking that he thinks the 3% is worse than a 13% interest rate gap

really, hes joking that he even has a credit card. got you good there.

Edited by NoSaint

hes just joking that he thinks the 3% is worse than a 13% interest rate gap

really, hes joking that he even has a credit card. got you good there.

You're good man. You're good. How did you figure it out?

I wanted to apply for a Capital One card cuz I like they're slogan, "What's in your wallet"

But I need to get a wallet first.

And see that's the pickle im in. I need to have their card to be able to afford a wallet to put their card in.

So what the hell am i going to do??

The slogan "Whats in your hand along with your license and papers and stuff" sounds stupid.

Help me.

Its tough. I have said it many times before... but public schools should teach Personal Finance. It is like the most important aspect of our society and we are thrown out there with access to high interest credit cards and student loans, car loans, etc with little training or common sense.

It is unrealistic to expect government which balance budgets using idiot taxes (lotteries), vice taxes and toll roads to be able to put together anything on Personal Finance! First class should be not to do what the government does!