Chicago Bears ban media from reporting on TC

While I see the logic in the link, I also see the other side: excessive click-whoring by the credentialed press.

A fan, as demonstrated daily here, can be just as right or wrong as a reporter, and, merely feels a need to post what s/he saw. There is no pressure to generate 10k page views for fans, so, there's no pressure to distort a simple "QB X dropped a shotgun snap" into "QB X is going to be traded/cut becuase he dropped a shotgun snap".

I've been saying for years that the internet is the best thing that has ever happend to journalism, and free speech, because it has removed the gate keepers, those who routinely use "what is news and what isn't" as an excuse to propagate their own biases and agendas, from power.

We are in a transition period. Uprooting the established media has left a hole, and whole bunch of idiots, and a whole bunch of solid people, trying to take their place. The established media is now trying the old National Enquirer business model. But, not for long. Just like with every other disruptive technology-driven change: things settle down, and get better.

Journalists need to calm down. Open-source software had the great effect of moving the programmer to the front, and the organization, if there even is one, to the back. Programmers are what people look for, and they are buying a who, not a brand. No money is wasted on people who don't add direct value to the software. This is also largely true on the App Store and Google Play.

Soon, the best journalists will be moved to the front, and the results will be the same.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

While I see the logic in the link, I also see the other side: excessive click-whoring by the credentialed press.

A fan, as demonstrated daily here, can be just as right or wrong as a reporter, and, merely feels a need to post what s/he saw. There is no pressure to generate 10k page views for fans, so, there's no pressure to distort a simple "QB X dropped a shotgun snap" into "QB X is going to be traded/cut becuase he dropped a shotgun snap".

I've been saying for years that the internet is the best thing that has ever happend to journalism, and free speech, because it has removed the gate keepers, those who routinely use "what is news and what isn't" as an excuse to propagate their own biases and agendas, from power.

We are in a transition period. Uprooting the established media has left a hole, and whole bunch of idiots, and a whole bunch of solid people, trying to take their place. The established media is now trying the old National Enquirer business model. But, not for long. Just like with every other disruptive technology-driven change: things settle down, and get better.

Journalists need to calm down. Open-source software had the great effect of moving the programmer to the front, and the organization, if there even is one, to the back. Programmers are what people look for, and they are buying a who, not a brand. No money is wasted on people who don't add direct value to the software. This is also largely true on the App Store and Google Play.

Soon, the best journalists will be moved to the front, and the results will be the same.

That's deep man.... Deep..... When can we get a genetically engineered bills qb that is the unquestioned starter heading into trying camp?

I see the logic in this

EJ Manuel got blamed for "fumbling a shotgun snap"

On another board a poster named badlandsmeanie puts out a great review every day of what he saw at camp.......and he made that sound like that ball basically got rolled back to EJ....(mean it was a bad snap not EJ's fault)

I feel like it is a big problem with our own team because different people view things different ways on what actually happened. I tend to go by what the majority of people say on a given day....

And as far as reporters like Rodent.....I dont care of ANY of what they have to say

The unskilled always become fearful and angry when there is a new invention that threatens their ability to remain employed. Sports "reporters" are in full fear and rage mode doing everything they can to discredit "bloggers" and others believing that some miracle will save them instead of gaining new skills to adapt.

I would pay for Astro's level of reporting at the news. I would pay for badlandsmeanie type of reporting as well. What the Buffalo news is putting out is the same level as the average or below average of this forum. I have no interest in paying for that.

However, I think the Bears are going about this is the exact wrong way. You don't counter speech by shutting it down or censoring it. You counter it with more speech. I think NFL teams should more actively engage the other voices out there instead of "banning" reporting.