Eagles trade CB Brandon Boykin to Steelers

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me Kelly looks to be a guy who can coach boys for a relatively short time, but not men for any real length of time. He looks to have a great offensive mind, but also has bitten off more than he can chew by thinking he can be a GM as well as a HC. He wouldn't be the first coach to go down in flames like this.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the Eagles won't have a losing season. But local media is predicting 12 wins and a playoff win. If they have another 10-6 year, if Bradford isn't everything they've hoped for I have to think there will be backlash.

I heard a local sports guy, whoever was doing the 6PM sports, sunday on NBC10, he feels 9-7 this year, thought that was kind of surprising.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the Eagles won't have a losing season. But local media is predicting 12 wins and a playoff win. If they have another 10-6 year, if Bradford isn't everything they've hoped for I have to think there will be backlash.

Coming from a Bills fan, that's a petty funny statement. Back-to-back 10-6 seasons after taking over a 4-12 team. People here were in love with Marrone for getting the Bills to 9-7* in his second year.

generalization.

I was not in love with marrone but hoped he would have stayed another year for continuity. Kelly had an easier division as well. Apples. Oranges. Stapler

generalization.

I was not in love with marrone but hoped he would have stayed another year for continuity. Kelly had an easier division as well. Apples. Oranges. Stapler

Another year of Marrone meant another year of Hackett and the rest of the offensive coaches. No thanks.

Another year of Marrone meant another year of Hackett and the rest of the offensive coaches. No thanks.

I think Hackett would have been gone. I think that is part of the issue. Not only that, I believe there would have been few OC's wanting to come to Buffalo.

When Ryan became available it was a miracle.

I heard a local sports guy, whoever was doing the 6PM sports, sunday on NBC10, he feels 9-7 this year, thought that was kind of surprising.

I could see that. They play in a weaker division, but the play the Pats on the road (with Brady). Also, their high speed offense has a weakness we know all too well: when it goes against a really good defensive team and stalls, it really stalls and you gas your defense. And they play the Cardinals, Jets and Bills.

I've been saying it all offseason, but I like how we match up with them. Unless their rookie WR makes a huge leap, they don't have any receiver I'd be afraid to leave in single coverage. Chip has gotten rid of both his starting guards without an heir apparent, so I fully expect Dareus and Kyle to have their way with the interior.

generalization.

of course it's a generalization. I hated Marrone and wanted him gone. Some people loved him, and some, like you, were in between. And I don't really agree that the NFC East was a worse division than the AFC East last year. The Jets were absolute garbage and the Phins weren't very good either. Edited by mannc

A few weeks ago the morning guys on 94.1 WIP were arguing whether the Eagles win 12 or 14.

I think Hackett would have been gone. I think that is part of the issue. Not only that, I believe there would have been few OC's wanting to come to Buffalo.

When Ryan became available it was a miracle.

Yup.

Yeah, WIP is really buying in, aND so are most of their callers. But they're crazy if they think they're winning 14 games.

I would relish the area-wide freak out if the Eagles stink. I was hoping people would be dumping their tickets by December so I could get cheap seats for the Bills game. But people would still want to go to that game to cheer/boo McCoy.

I would relish the area-wide freak out if the Eagles stink. I was hoping people would be dumping their tickets by December so I could get cheap seats for the Bills game. But people would still want to go to that game to cheer/boo McCoy.

I'm conflicted because I also like the Eagles. There's a blue collar feel of the fans like we hace, and any team which creams the Cowboys, Giants and Skins is alright in my book.

That said they've been pretty annoying fan boys over Chip the past 7 months. Every roster move is genius, and every player who didn't sign or was cut or traded sucks because they "didn't fit the culture". I'd like to see them knocked down a few pegs.

If Bradford suffers an injury that team is done. The cowboys aren't losing to them and I think the Skins might surprise some people but not taking the division. The giants I can't get a handle on...looking at the roster I think they can make some noise but if that d doesn't have jpp it's not a solid d.

http://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/PHI

Here's the Iggles depth chart. Honestly, what's scary about them this year? The RBs, sure. Bradford? There's a chance he does well in Chip's offense, but for how long? Then it's Sanchez. I like Agholor, but he's a rookie. I love Kiko and wouldn't want to be going across the middle against him. They still have some talent on the defensive side of the ball, but it isn't exactly loaded. I don't see a stellar unit on either side of the ball outside of the RBs. Teams aren't going to be caught off guard by their tempo or style of play this year either. They're lucky they play in the NFCE. I'm not saying they'll totally tank the season, but if things start to go South how bad is that locker room going to get?

Yeah, WIP is really buying in, aND so are most of their callers. But they're crazy if they think they're winning 14 games.

If you think WGR is bad, try WIP sometime. Angelo Cataldi MAY be the worst personality in radio, anywhere.

And let's not even talk Howard Eskin when he was there.