What I would give

BillsNYC

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After living around the world, I can tell you there are few places as unique as WNY.

I used to miss the donuts with the white cream filling.  Haven't been able to find them ANYWHERE.  I tried everywhere in each place I lived - no one knew what I was talking about. 

After coming to Alaska, I tried all the local donut places.  One day my wife stopped at Golden Donuts and THEY HAD THEM.  Turned out the owner was from Ithaca. :)

235873[/snapback]

Oh dude, I used to LOVE those.

I agree...I've lived lots of places and there is just nowhere like WNY for great food. It'll kill you twenty years early, but great food nonetheless.

After living around the world, I can tell you there are few places as unique as WNY.

I used to miss the donuts with the white cream filling.  Haven't been able to find them ANYWHERE.  I tried everywhere in each place I lived - no one knew what I was talking about. 

After coming to Alaska, I tried all the local donut places.  One day my wife stopped at Golden Donuts and THEY HAD THEM.  Turned out the owner was from Ithaca. :)

235873[/snapback]

I miss the Peanut Stick donuts in Buffalo. I have never seen them anywhere else

I'm probably in the minority here, but I have never ordered a fish fry. I don't really care for fish, but I also can't stand mayo or miracle whip which takes care of macaroni or potato salad which come with every fish fry.

Thank God for veggie and bean burritos from Mighty Taco or cheese pizza. :)

I miss the Peanut Stick donuts in Buffalo.  I have never seen them anywhere else

235926[/snapback]

Freddie's Doughnuts on Main. Plain, non-yeast fry cakes are also hard to find.

Funny - years ago, schools were awash in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. Nowdays, wave a peanut within a mile of a school system and they'll call out the SWAT team on you and lock you in irons if you did it on an airplane. :ph34r: