To get the insurance for iphone or not?

bbb

So, when I bought my iphone 6 a few weeks ago, I wasn't too thrilled with the sales guy at the Apple Store. And, I had gone there because I wasn't too thrilled with my last experience at the verizon store, and had been happy with my first iphone purchase at the apple store.

Now, I get a letter saying that I made a smart choice in protecting my phone. I called up and said when did I sign up for this? She looked it up and said when I bought my phone. That ahole signed me up when I said let me think about it and I'll tell you at the end of the purchase here (after getting my stuff over from my old phone). He never asked again - he just signed me up.

I told her on the phone, let me get back to you now that I know the deal. Supposedly it's $9 a month - and then if your phone is damaged or stolen, you pay 199 for a new phone overnighted. She said it would cost me $750 to buy the new phone without the insurance.

It seems like a good deal. But, I hate to reward that ahole for signing me up! I won't base my decision on that, though............I usually don't get any extended warranty type things, but is it a good idea to do it here? My secretary just told me she gets it. (I've never broke an iphone in the 6 years I've owned one, but this iphone 6 seems designed to drop - it's slippery!)

Nah. I have a Rockform case and it's pretty sturdy.

I don't have a case for my phone. It just made the damn thing too big. I've dropped my caseless phoe several times. Everything from our hardwood floors to our cement garage floor without a scratch. Still carry the insurance because i know as soon as I dump it I will drop my phone and it will blow up.

What in the world are you hiding with this purchase?

This insurance question is just a distraction, in my humblest opinion

It's an iphone 6, just like Tom Brady's new phone. That's all I can say right now.

I don't have a case for my phone. It just made the damn thing too big. I've dropped my caseless phoe several times. Everything from our hardwood floors to our cement garage floor without a scratch. Still carry the insurance because i know as soon as I dump it I will drop my phone and it will blow up.

That's exactly it for me - I don't want a case because it makes it too big, harder to get out of pocket, etc...........And, I dropped my iphone 4 a good number of times and nothing ever happened..........So, that's why I didn't want the insurance........But, this iphone 6 is sleeker (the 4 was flat and laid on things like a paperweight) and therefore more slippery. I've dropped it a lot more than the 4 so far..........Maybe the ahole who signed me up did me a favor.

Your first mistake was going to an Apple store.

Your second mistake is buying an Iphone.

Knowing you're actually okay with getting ripped off, I would say keep the insurance. Also, are you interested in buying a time share from me?

THIS, Get an android next time and skip the insurance it's a ripoff. High deductables and then most plans give you a refurb anyway.Get an Otterbox.

There are plenty of cases for the phone that dont make it much bigger but go a very long way in adding protection. I'd also recommend a screen film that helps prevent cracking.

I've got a Tech21 case and a screen film, and my phone is basically indestructible now.

Theyre worth it and much cheaper than the insurance or replacing the phone. I dont know how you guys havent broken your phones yet, but it's more luck than anything else.

Spend 90 bucks on a Lifeproof case and cancel the insurance.

exactly. The insurance is a scam too. The charge over $200 for a replacement phone. I have ATT, and it is a third party insurance agent, with difficult to reach, multi option, lengthy phone call, jumping through hoops trying to get a replacement. I broke my replacement phone, and tried to get a third one. They refused, even though I was paying $9 a month. I said "WTF? Do you think this is a scam? Do you think I break my phone, and then purchase another for $200?". And when you talk to ATT trying to find out what is going on with your replacement phone- they say "its not our company that deals with replacements. Call this number". And you are right back going through phone hell. $9x12= $108- you are ahead of the game if you order a lifeproof case

Supposedly it's $9 a month - and then if your phone is damaged or stolen, you pay 199 for a new phone overnighted. She said it would cost me $750 to buy the new phone without the insurance.

I've been living on the wild side for the last 6 years. It hasn't been that wild.

If you keep the phone as long as the last one....

6 years x 12 months = 72 months

72 months x $9/month = $648

plus the $199 for the replacement phone, which once the new ones come out Verizon/Apple will be giving them away for less than $100, doesn't seem like a good deal to me. Invest in a case to make it beefier and less slippery instead. That's what I did. I've got a Speck candyshell case on mine....

http://www.speckproducts.com/apple/iphone-cases/iphone-6-cases.html

I am not adding anything different.

I keep insurance on my phone for at least 1 year, some times 2. Depends if I already know the next phone I want is out there. The current phone I have is 4 years old and still perfectly suits my needs. The phone is a Droid Bionic.

I am not adding anything different.

I keep insurance on my phone for at least 1 year, some times 2. Depends if I already know the next phone I want is out there. The current phone I have is 4 years old and still perfectly suits my needs. The phone is a Droid Bionic.

I am still hacking away on a Motorola Droid 4 from 2012. Those bastages won't make a Droid 5. It is slide-out full QWERTY keyboard or die!

I am milling about picking up an extra phone before you can't find these dinosaurs anymore.

Neither my wife, nor I, has insurance on our phones. We got the insurance for our son's phone because he's 12. But we also got him a nice case and he treats his phone like we treat our children. I had a caseless iphone for about 7 years without a problem. I dropped my android once and it was dead. So I just got an otterbox for the new phone, but no insurance. My son's insurance costs about $10/month.

Neither my wife, nor I, has insurance on our phones. We got the insurance for our son's phone because he's 12. But we also got him a nice case and he treats his phone like we treat our children. I had a caseless iphone for about 7 years without a problem. I dropped my android once and it was dead. So I just got an otterbox for the new phone, but no insurance. My son's insurance costs about $10/month.

You cruel father... Cheapsake! 10 bucks a month???

I feel sorry for his phone. Should have got him the Cadillac insurance plan, a nice caring parent would have! Of course, you'd get taxed by the gubermint on that Cadillac plan, but it is well worth it seeing how you are w/your children.

Na na... :-P :-P