Patriots no longer the NFL's made team?

Just give it to them

Tuck rule

I am not going to get into whether or not the patriots get favorable treatment at key times........im sure others will discuss it.

MY question is now that the patriots game balls are going to be scrutinized then a pit boss measuring the dice in a craps game.........how will having a properly inflated ball effect Tom Brady's play?

Doesnt a underinflated ball allow the QB to grip it tighter? How many times has Brady actually been strip sacked.......does being able to grip the ball tighter allow for more accuracy?

I am not making a statement here...im asking a question.

Just give it to them

Tuck rule

I am not going to get into whether or not the patriots get favorable treatment at key times........im sure others will discuss it.

MY question is now that the patriots game balls are going to be scrutinized then a pit boss measuring the dice in a craps game.........how will having a properly inflated ball effect Tom Brady's play?

Doesnt a underinflated ball allow the QB to grip it tighter? How many times has Brady actually been strip sacked.......does being able to grip the ball tighter allow for more accuracy?

See first half vs second half AFCC game and SB...

Just give it to them

Tuck rule

i suppose part of the question is how consistently they were able to achieve this. bradys been remarkably consistent in playing very well and i doubt hes been between 11.5 and 12.0 psi ALL the time. might you see a play or two in the season effected? maybe. would it be noticeable from a random fan perspective? i doubt it. whats tough is i think at this point in his career if his production drops noticeably, age is a far more likely culprit than 1PSI. but how do you ever tease that out? Edited by NoSaint

Just give it to them

Tuck rule

"Just give it to them", was pre-Brady/BB.

It was also during the 98 season, when there was no replay system, and officiating across the board was horrible.

It was the year of the Testeverde "Helmet" touchdown

http://www.sikids.com/photos/48406/most-controversial-endings-in-sports/17

And last year, there were numerous controversial calls. Were the Pats** involved in all of them? Of course not.

So how do those calls (or non-calls) favor the Pats**?

Just give it to them

Tuck rule

Wasn't it against the Patriots that the refs called a pass interference penalty against the Bills ------ on a hail Mary ?

Wasn't it against the Patriots that the refs called a pass interference penalty against the Bills ------ on a hail Mary ?

Here's a more recent example. Fitz's last Bills game vs. Pats** PI call in end zone on a ball that was so uncatchable Gronk would have to be 50 ft tall to even have a chance.

Pats_PI.jpg

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Just give it to them

Tuck rule

IMHO this has more to do with ball grip and possession. pointing to the rate of change of their fumbles post 2006/2007.

Are you suggesting that the Pats don't get more favorable calls consistently year after year, than any other team? Even when proven on replay? This would make a good thread IMO.

again IMHO oh hell yes.