Brady 4 game suspension upheld; Will go to court

I am sure this won't be grossly one-sided at all

@JasonLaCanfora: Brady's agent, Don Yee, gives new details on what his client did and did not provide to NFL's investigation: http://t.co/t2pzcSO3Sa

Anybody remember Tom Brady's unequivocal denials at the beginning stages of this scandal? Of course not, because there weren't any. His explanations in his news conferences and interviews were always carefully crafted exercises in non-denial denials.

He had his chance at the beginning to clear his name with a swift denial without any ambiguity. That first impression was all every American who's not a Pats fan (or Skip Bayless) needed. No lawyer in the world can undo the damage and this continuation of the circus is only making it much worse and could possibly effect his and Belichick's HOF status depending on what happens this season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't disagree about the cover up--although the Chargers did refuse to surrender their stickum towels. This isn't directed at you, but people hate the Pats so much here that they develop silly legalistic arguments to wish away the fact that they aren't the only team doing this sort of thing.

And by the way, I'm not pretending anything - I know what this is about. I just tire of the extreme bias on this board against the Pats. I do get it -- they beat the Bills like a drum twice a year (usually) and win a lot. And they have a record of gaming the system. But the ball thing is more widespread than the TBD prosecution team would have us believe.

They stole balls from the officials! I guarantee that is about as unique a transgression as any in the history of football cheating. How can anyone overlook or explain that away?

kj

I am sure this won't be grossly one-sided at all

@JasonLaCanfora: Brady's agent, Don Yee, gives new details on what his client did and did not provide to NFL's investigation: http://t.co/t2pzcSO3Sa

its a statement from his agent? doesnt it go without saying that he is going to be presenting his clients side? you say it like its a knock, when its simply his job, unlike reporters etc..... Edited by NoSaint

Oh boy, you gave him all the phone numbers he had contact with. Maybe if your client, you know, didn't destroy his phone on the day of a meeting with an NFL investigator you could have provided the actual texts.

Oh wait.

Under your legal consul you choose not to cooperate fully.

Even after destroying his phone, why not provide this list during the investigation? They wait until the hearing to provide it...

Is it not that simple? Am I missing something?

So now that it is going to court either the suspension will be upheld or over turned right?

No reduced suspension?

CBF

nope. it could be kicked back into another appeal with someone else even. or a settlement between the two sides. or a host of options.

It's clear that LaContorta is Yee's shill -- he's been running with everything out of that guy's mouth during this story. And Yee comes across like a douche.

So if it were not for Lacanfora, no one would be reprting on what Brady's agent had to say?

nope. it could be kicked back into another appeal with someone else even. or a settlement between the two sides. or a host of options.

Yes. That ship has sailed.

GO BILLS!!!

My guess is that one of you could possibly be correct. :lol:

My guess is that one of you could possibly be correct. :lol:

Actually, I will defer to NoSaint here. Never say never when it comes to legalities. He's absolutely correct.

GO BILLS!!!

its a statement from his agent? doesnt it go without saying that he is going to be presenting his clients side? you say it like its a knock, when its simply his job, unlike reporters etc.....

I think it would be refreshing to see the reporter write something like, "As expected, new comments from Brady's agent provide a different perspective..." rather than presenting it as "new details" in the investigation (which is disingenuous).

@ProFootballTalk: Per source, NFLPA will ask judge to either rule by September 4 or to issue an injunction allowing Brady to play pending a ruling.

I am Jack's utter lack of surprise.

From what I've read, the NFL's premptively filing suit, I think that the PA will file in Minny, but unless they really pull something out of their ass the NFL has home field advantage.

So if it were not for Lacanfora, no one would be reprting on what Brady's agent had to say?

Hopefully they wouldn't be presenting it as if "new information" was being disclosed that sheds light on the investigation. LaContorta is lazy.

I think it would be refreshing to see the reporter write something like, "As expected, new comments from Brady's agent provide a different perspective..." rather than presenting it as "new details" in the investigation (which is disingenuous).

thats certainly fair and ive bemoaned the quality of coverage on pretty much every major story the leagues had (and elsewhere) Edited by NoSaint

Hopefully they wouldn't be presenting it as if "new information" was being disclosed that sheds light on the investigation. LaContorta is lazy.

Looks like a lot of that quote was new information to the public. What are you talking about?

I am filled with glee. The longer they keep dragging this out, the longer "Cheater" get associated with the patriots and tommy. Seriously, all you find on search engines is nothing about any accomplishments for either one. You have to go deep to find something not about them cheating.