Robert Randolph wearing Bills Gear!

The Poojer

I saw him friday night, I assume he wore this at a Buffalo area gig. By the way, if anyone is a Robert Randolph fan, check out this new side project, The Word, RR, John Medeski & The North Mississippi All-Stars, they absolutely brought the house down friday. One of the more dynamic performers I have ever seen live.

You need to see him with The Word, believe it or not, might be better than with Family Band

Sent my wife the link to the Chicago show they're doing in October. She expressed interest which increases the probability of our attendance 10 fold!

(she was with me both times i saw him and the family and loved them just as much as I did)

I saw that he played blues or jazz fest, was he with The Family Band or The Word, with The Word you get the added benefit of an Electric Washboard player with Cody Dickinson(North Mississippi All-Stars), not to mention the Hammond stylings of John Medeski...simply amazing

Caught him a couple of weeks ago in Syracuse for my third time.
They always put on a great show.

https://youtu.be/5JB-UrsqnAA

Edited by The Poojer

I saw that he played blues or jazz fest, was he with The Family Band or The Word, with The Word you get the added benefit of an Electric Washboard player with Cody Dickinson(North Mississippi All-Stars), not to mention the Hammond stylings of John Medeski...simply amazing

It was the NYS Blues Festival in Clinton Square and it was with the Family Band.

During their last song they did their signature move where everyone swaps instruments a couple of times while they just jam.

Good stuff, and the weather was perfect for an outdoor show.

Hopefully I get the chance to check him out with the Word sometime as well.

I've seen a lot of concerts and some legendary musicians over the years and I always come away from RR shows saying they are among the best I have ever seen. the music and his style is so damn infectious, I am so glad he was able to recover from his accident a couple years ago, him not being able to play music would have been a tragedy.

It was the NYS Blues Festival in Clinton Square and it was with the Family Band.

During their last song they did their signature move where everyone swaps instruments a couple of times while they just jam.

Good stuff, and the weather was perfect for an outdoor show.

Hopefully I get the chance to check him out with the Word sometime as well.

I've seen a lot of concerts and some legendary musicians over the years and I always come away from RR shows saying they are among the best I have ever seen. the music and his style is so damn infectious, I am so glad he was able to recover from his accident a couple years ago, him not being able to play music would have been a tragedy.

Same here.

"Infectious" is the perfect way to describe it. Everyone around gets caught up in the music immediately and it is very rare to see anyone in the crowd not moving along in some way to the music. Definitely one of those bands it is impossible to stand still for.

You need to see him with The Word, believe it or not, might be better than with Family Band

Totally different sets, even though both have church roots.