Bills in Toronto Series

Not that there's any chance of it coming back, nor do I want it. But now that we know the team is safe in WNY for the long term, looking back did it have any postives? As far as "expanding the market" and helping keep the team in Buffalo for the time being. Was that true, or a bunch of kool-aid they were trying to sell us?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Without the money that Ralph got upfront in one big lump sum, we never would have signed Mario.

The Toronto series gave us Mario Williams, and we gave them 3 games of a 6-10 team. I'll take that trade. But am very happy the whole thing is over with.

Without the money that Ralph got upfront in one big lump sum, we never would have signed Mario.

The Toronto series gave us Mario Williams, and we gave them 3 games of a 6-10 team. I'll take that trade. But am very happy the whole thing is over with.

Exactly

The Toronto series helped the Bills generate the nonshared that larger markets obtain. This was the only option outside of a new, "revenue friendly" stadium. It was a necessity as much as we all hated it.

And the Bills have averaged 7 wins a season since he got here--not much different than the years before that.

Regardless, the series beagan 4 years before Mario arrived, so I don't think a straight line can be drawn between the series' origin and the signing. It was renewed before the signing reportedly at half the original deal (so 7 million per year). The Bills were clearing far more than that annually.

Not that there's any chance of it coming back, nor do I want it. But now that we know the team is safe in WNY for the long term, looking back did it have any postives? As far as "expanding the market" and helping keep the team in Buffalo for the time being. Was that true, or a bunch of kool-aid they were trying to sell us?

seriously... no. If anything it set the team back in terms of national image and in the ability to compete with a full set of home games. By and large it was colossal failure of epic proportions.