Watkins: Second year, second chance

Cooper is going to ball out - but I have no faith in Carr. Still, would not surprise me if Cooper had the best career between him, ODB, Evans, and Watkins.

as someone said in the ROY thread (maybe it was you?) he will see a TON of targets.

Carr had a talented, big receiver with him at Fresno named Davante Adams. I foresee a similar dynamic between him and Cooper. They could be a quality young duo...

I believe that they can be a quality duo, but that almost of the quality will come from Cooper's end. I could be wrong, though.

I have asked this before on a few threads, but have yet to receive a satisfactory answer:

How serious is the hip injury / surgery that Sammy sustained? Any examples of strong seasons by WRs following the injury?

I believe that they can be a quality duo, but that almost of the quality will come from Cooper's end. I could be wrong, though.

I have asked this before on a few threads, but have yet to receive a satisfactory answer:

How serious is the hip injury / surgery that Sammy sustained? Any examples of strong seasons by WRs following the injury?

i believe woods had the surgery in 2014 off season.

as someone said in the ROY thread (maybe it was you?) he will see a TON of targets.

Beyond Cooper, the Raiders' receiving corps is a total disaster - he's not going to get eased in. I think the most common pre-draft refrain about Cooper was that he was 'pro-ready' and could 'run the whole route tree.' Very hard for me to get a read on him in terms of fantasy. Sorry though, I don't want to this derail this thread - should be about Watkins.

i believe woods had the surgery in 2014 off season.

Thanks, that's helpful. Still, I worry about Watkins health more than anything else with him - I feel pretty confident the ability and work ethic are there.

Lets face it......writers feel they have the need to bash Sammy's season because it didnt surpas the seasons of ODB and Evans last year......

Because he only had a good season for a rookie....and not BEST numbers of the rookies.......the writer feels justified in writing that piece.

I think there is more legitimacy to being compared to your peers than your comment would indicate.

NFL.com's best scout/media analyst Daniel Jeremiah does a really nice podcast every week called "Move the Sticks." A month or two ago, he went into a detailed explanation of how changing college offensive systems and better college conditioning programs mean that WR prospects are more ready coming into the league (as rookies) than they have ever been before.

The standard is different now. Passing stats have undergone serious inflation over the last 10 years for all WRs and rookie are more pro-ready coming out than they were in past decades. Watkins needs to be held to this new, higher standard. Yes his statistics comparable favorably to historical rookie stats, but several of his peers blew him out of the water statistically.

All that being said, I still believe in Watkins - but it's because I believe he was hampered by injuries and a lack of surrounding talent (coaching staff included).

he put on a show last year at SJF, the last time he was 100% healthy (before Shazier cheap shotted him)

Watching him run routes against air was exciting in camp last year. So explosive. I was supposed to be at camp this year for two weeks, doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make any now though. Which means I'll be leaning heavily on you and 26 for the next four weeks, don't let me down. :beer:

GO BILLS!

Watching him run routes against air was exciting in camp last year. So explosive. I was supposed to be at camp this year for two weeks, doesn't look like I'm going to be able to make any now though. Which means I'll be leaning heavily on you and 26 for the next four weeks, don't let me down. :beer:

GO BILLS!

im going to probably let you down. I am sure others will post all the TC tweets, but it was pretty excruciating last year with the snarkiness tacked on my certain reporters and the conflicting info amongst them. It was just not my cup of tea. I have a couple reporters who I think are pretty objective - Sal C and Carucci - because I think they have a job to do that holds them accountable for more than click counts. I don't care if tweets are negative - I'm not blind to the fact we have QB and OL concerns - but some reporters try to be funny on Twitter and they think picking at scabs of Bills fans and piling on to the national narrative ultimately gets them exposure and followers and retweets. For me it's just annoying. So I'll be following closely but not adding to the drama with the in-TC tweets.

im going to probably let you down. I am sure others will post all the TC tweets, but it was pretty excruciating last year with the snarkiness tacked on my certain reporters and the conflicting info amongst them. It was just not my cup of tea. I have a couple reporters who I think are pretty objective - Sal C and Carucci - because I think they have a job to do that holds them accountable for more than click counts. I don't care if tweets are negative - I'm not blind to the fact we have QB and OL concerns - but some reporters try to be funny on Twitter and they think picking at scabs of Bills fans and piling on to the national narrative ultimately gets them exposure and followers and retweets. For me it's just annoying. So I'll be following closely but not adding to the drama with the in-TC tweets.

I get that completely. No worries.