Very simple Bledsoe poll

Like A Mofo

What would you do with Drew for 2005?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Drew for 2005?

• Cut him
    • Restructure

Here's the thing. Our situation is like having herpes (Bledsoe). Now, the team can survive with him, but it's irritating to watch him play, and the team would operate better without him.

However, our options aren't great. We have no magic cure for Herpes Simplex-Bledsoe. Once we get rid of him, either another outbreak will come (Jeff Garcia), the team would fall victim to a worse disease like ghonorrea (Vinny Testeverde) or the team would just fall apart with a full blown case of HIV (Quincy Carter).

Right now, having herpes seems pretty freaking bad. But think about how much worse it could be... it's all relative. Unless we can find a guy at least as good as Bledsoe, there's no reason to get rid of him.

I vote resturcture because I think if he agrees to take a salary that is back-up level and thus acknowledges he is on the backside of his career it give us the cap room to make this team better and has him play the same role for JP he played for Brady in 2001.

If you cut or trade him the cost of his accelerated cap hit puls the cost of signing a new back-up for Brady constrains our ability to build a better team.

It looks like he is goner right now, but I hope he decided to be a teamer and gives us the cap room to get us better and that he trains and backs up JP to allow himto be all he can be.