Tired of Deflategate

Well, let's see... Although I'm sure it's all coincidence...

There was no evidence of phone calls or texts between Brady and Jastremski in the six months prior, but on January 19th, that changed. The report details the following:

Two calls lasting 25 minutes and 2 seconds on January 19th;

Two calls lasting 9 minutes and 55 seconds on January 20th;

Two calls lasting 20 minutes and 52 seconds on January 21st.

That totals 55 minutes and 49 seconds worth of calls between Tom Brady and the equipment assistant, and they ended when Jastremski surrendered his phone on January 21st, for forensic investigation.

My favorite is there were different answers to why the calls were made.

First he was calling about the superbowl and upcoming wedding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/06/tom-brady-deflategate_n_7227072.html

Then Brady was calling to offer support in the upcoming attention he would face.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/patriots-tom-brady-was-calling-john-jastremski-to-offer-support/

Even Brady can't keep his story straight along with beavis and butthead.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So nothing for six months and then, AFTER the story breaks, all that activity at 7 IN THE MORNING, to discuss a wedding.

That's almost as good as saying "The Deflator" was a reference to McNally's weight loss program.

How many lies does the league have to tolerate before even considering reducing Brady's penalty? I keep it at 4 games just for the utter arrogance and contempt shown for the league's investigatory process.

And again, "the science" is just a sideshow.

GO BILLS!!!

It's truly incredible that anyone who follows what actually happened, even if you ignored all the science and gave them the benefit of the doubt at every turn, could not clearly see what happened.

My favorite is there were different answers to why the calls were made.

First he was calling about the superbowl and upcoming wedding.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/06/tom-brady-deflategate_n_7227072.html

Then Brady was calling to offer support in the upcoming attention he would face.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/14/patriots-tom-brady-was-calling-john-jastremski-to-offer-support/

Even Brady can't keep his story straight along with beavis and butthead.

Tom is such a good friend.

Calling at 7 am to talk about the Super Bowl with his equipment manager three days in a row for an hour.

It's truly incredible that anyone who follows what actually happened, even if you ignored all the science and gave them the benefit of the doubt at every turn, could not clearly see what happened.

Calling at 7 am to talk about the Super Bowl with his equipment manager three days in a row for an hour.

I could believe him calling him about the super bowl at 7am. Brady likely had a busy schedule with all the superbowl attention going on and media frenzy. For him to call him about a wedding and the media attention based on the investigation is another. Kind of like how Bill basically washed himself clean from the get go and said.... well what he usually says, nothing.

Edited by The Wiz

That's why I've been saying for months to ignore the science. It's a smokescreen deliberately thrown up to deflect from the obvious.

GO BILLS!!!

I could believe him calling him about the super bowl at 7am. Brady likely had a busy schedule with all the superbowl attention going on and media frenzy. For him to call him about a wedding and the media attention based on the investigation is another. Kind of like how Bill basically washed himself clean from the get go and said.... well what he usually says, nothing.

He sees him at the stadium. Jastremski takes care of the balls. He's there every day. There is no reason to call him.

He sees him at the stadium. Jastremski takes care of the balls. He's there every day. There is no reason to call him.

To make sure the balls are secure and improperly inflated?

We can only guess how often they are talking to the equipment manager from the time they get to the stadium to the time they hit the field at the superbowl level is my point. Brady could get to the stadium at 8am and not see/talk to another teammate/staffer until 1pm with all the media the comes with the SB.

Like I said, I don't know but Brady was obviously lying at least once based on my other post.

To make sure the balls are secure and improperly inflated?

We can only guess how often they are talking to the equipment manager from the time they get to the stadium to the time they hit the field at the superbowl level is my point. Brady could get to the stadium at 8am and not see/talk to another teammate/staffer until 1pm with all the media the comes with the SB.

Like I said, I don't know but Brady was obviously lying at least once based on my other post.

I was talking about in the two weeks before the Super Bowl. The first week they would be in Foxborough or wherever they practiced that week. Jastremski is responsible for the balls. He would see him on the field and get the balls from him when he is warming up. Plus there is nothing really to say about what would be different. Jastremski is standing next to Brady when Brady is deciding which balls to use. In the report they went to great lengths to explain their procedure in detail.

Their procedure is always the same.

I was talking about in the two weeks before the Super Bowl. The first week they would be in Foxborough or wherever they practiced that week. Jastremski is responsible for the balls. He would see him on the field and get the balls from him when he is warming up. Plus there is nothing really to say about what would be different. Jastremski is standing next to Brady when Brady is deciding which balls to use. In the report they went to great lengths to explain their procedure in detail.

Their procedure is always the same.

Gotcha. Well in that case, there really isn't any reason for him to call him. Other than to confirm he knows to deflate the balls that is.

Edited by The Wiz

If we can give Peyton Manning his worst game in 6 years (or whatever it was) and give Rodgers his worst game of his career, we can damned well take down Luck and Indy in Game 1 this year.

If Brady's suspension is upheld at least for 2 games, we better damned well beat the Patriots in Week 2 too.

That's a 2-0 start to the season with 2 of our tougher games behind us.

I can't wait for the decision to come down.

If we can give Peyton Manning his worst game in 6 years (or whatever it was) and give Rodgers his worst game of his career, we can damned well take down Luck and Indy in Game 1 this year.

If Brady's suspension is upheld at least for 2 games, we better damned well beat the Patriots in Week 2 too.

That's a 2-0 start to the season with 2 of our tougher games behind us.

I can't wait for the decision to come down.

I really want to believe it will be reduced to two games but my gut tells me zero suspension.

My view on Hardy: this is probably a signal about Brady. Hardy himself doesn't really matter; he's just the latest in the long line of woman-beating miscreants that populate NFL rosters. What is important is that if his suspension gets more than halved, than we should expect the same for Brady. There's no way that the league wants to signal that an equipment infraction is of the same weight as what Hardy was initially convicted of (and got off of scot free later on because of the alleged victim's unwillingness to testify against him in a subsequent round). I'm sure some will say that Hardy was found innocent in a court of law, but if that's so, how could the league still suspend him? That's a good question, but I don't think there are many people outside of his family and close friends who believe he's innocent based on the stuff that came out in the initial trial.

it will be 1 game

that's what I'm thinking at this point.

My view on Hardy: this is probably a signal about Brady. Hardy himself doesn't really matter; he's just the latest in the long line of woman-beating miscreants that populate NFL rosters. What is important is that if his suspension gets more than halved, than we should expect the same for Brady. There's no way that the league wants to signal that an equipment infraction is of the same weight as what Hardy was initially convicted of (and got off of scot free later on because of the alleged victim's unwillingness to testify against him in a subsequent round). I'm sure some will say that Hardy was found innocent in a court of law, but if that's so, how could the league still suspend him? That's a good question, but I don't think there are many people outside of his family and close friends who believe he's innocent based on the stuff that came out in the initial trial.

The difference is even though he was paid, he already had to sit out 15 games. There is no way you can equate the two.