(OT) Close Call

BB27

I'm guessing when they ended up 7 rows away from where they were sitting when the boarded, they had a pretty good idea.

See, this is why I always drink before I fly.

235411[/snapback]

Apparently so does the pilot of this plane.

I was on a flight once where another plane nosed out in front of our plane when we were about 6 feet off the ground, so the pilot took off again like that.

When we did land the flight attendant says "ladies and gentleman, now that we have surviv.....I mean safely landed in St. Louis....". pretty funny at the time for some reason.

I was on a flight once where another plane nosed out in front of our plane when we were about 6 feet off the ground, so the pilot took off again like that.

When we did land the flight attendant says "ladies and gentleman, now that we have surviv.....I mean safely landed in St. Louis....". pretty funny at the time for some reason.

235433[/snapback]

Has happened to me three times. Last was just before christmas, flying back to Richmond in a snowstorm on a regional jet. Took the little SOB pilot three times to land. Never seen a whole plane crying and praying like that, me included. Just kept saying fly my fat ass to DC and I will rent a car and drive. I mean sheesh, after two aborted landings, think maybe it best to go elsewhere.

Glad I'm not flying in the near future.  I hate seeing or hearing about airplane related incidents, right before having to travel via air. <_<

235434[/snapback]

Well, if you look at it from a probability standpoint, you should probably want to see a huge plane crash the day before a flight...

Has happened to me three times. Last was just before christmas, flying back to Richmond in a snowstorm on a regional jet. Took the little SOB pilot three times to land. Never seen a whole plane crying and praying like that, me included. Just kept saying fly my fat ass to DC and I will rent a car and drive. I mean sheesh, after two aborted landings, think maybe it best to go elsewhere.

235442[/snapback]

Wow, three attempts? I can see how that might fray the nerves a bit!

This is 100% true:

Statistically, it is safer to fly than to ride on an elevator. More people die per year in the world in elevator accidents than in aircraft crashes.

I don't believe it, but supposedly it is true.

Wow, three attempts?  I can see how that might fray the nerves a bit!

235446[/snapback]

Yea, it was freakin nuts. First time was no more than 20 feet off the ground. 2nd he knew in his descent, never got closer than 150ft I would guess. The whole ordeal took about 45 minutes. It is always scary when you are talking to your wife that we have got to make a copy of the will and keep it in the house.

I've seen more ignorant statements made here, so it's tough not to take it seriously.  Next time, use the "Darin Smiley:  :):D

235448[/snapback]

Ahh yes the old AD standard "maybe I'm joking, maybe I'm not Smiley" :D

See, this is why I always drink before I fly.

235411[/snapback]

Why is it that I can picture you with a whole list of "This is why I drink before I...." reasons?

"....this is why I drink before I go to bed."

"....this is why I drink before I eat dinner."

"....this is why I drink before Lost comes on."

"....this is why I drink before 3rd down."

:)

Why is it that I can picture you with a whole list of "This is why I drink before I...." reasons?

"....this is why I drink before I go to bed."

"....this is why I drink before I eat dinner."

"....this is why I drink before Lost comes on."

"....this is why I drink before 3rd down."

:)

235460[/snapback]

:D

Shockingly, I have not drank on a "school night" (Sunday - Thursday) since college - EXCEPT when I have to fly. . .