Lobster beer

Beerball

last year i mixed the Flying Dog Dead Rise and Pearl Necklace beers, figured oysters and old bay are a good fit together...it was very good. What i really want to try is the Wynkoop Rocky Mountain Oyster Stout, but that hasn't made it's way east yet

enjoy your Yingling light.

Yuengling light?

IF I drink Yuengling (which i don't drink at all any more), it's black and tan.

But to me, drinking beer should be about drinking beer. It should taste like beer, not like strawberries or lobster/oyster, etc.

Just MO.

I know what you mean, but what does beer taste like? grass? pine trees? juniper berries? bananas? all of those flavors have been part of beer for ever, a good pilsener urquell has strong hints of grass, a good hefeweizen is judged on how well the esters from the yeast impart a banana flavor into the beer. Oyster Stouts have been around since Victorian time, they don't "taste like" oysters, they simply have a hint of a taste that you can pick out on your tongue, the rest is pure "beer flavor". Now more to your point, these new Root Beer Beers to me is garbage, the Radlers. shandy's etc....that is where i am on your side.

Bottom line, as long as YOU enjoy what you are drinking, that is all that matters, but do yourself a favor, every once in a while, step outside your comfort zone and try a new style of beer, not saying you'll like it, but who knows. Forever, the thought of sours repulsed me, now Sours are the latest beer craze, I keep sampling them and more often than not I find myself saying, "Hey, that's not half bad"....beer is fun.

Yuengling light?

IF I drink Yuengling (which i don't drink at all any more), it's black and tan.

But to me, drinking beer should be about drinking beer. It should taste like beer, not like strawberries or lobster/oyster, etc.

Just MO.

Edited by The Poojer

no different than an oyster stout and they have been around for years and there are some VERY good ones out there.

Just because beer and oysters go well together does not mean you need to put oysters in your beer. Beer goes well with cheese too but you don't see cheese beer.....God, at least I hope note.