• Trae Waynes, Vikings
    • Landon Collins, Giants
    • Vic Beasley, Falcons
    • Shane Ray, Broncos
    • Danny Shelton, Browns
    • Malcolm Brown, Pats**
    • Bud Dupree, Steelers
    • Other

I went Gurley and Williams because I think that they are the most dynamic offensive and defensive players in this class. I went with the old "keep it simple stupid" method. Amari Cooper is the only other guy that I considered for the same reason.

I think the Rams are going to take it slow with Gurley so he might not get the numbers. Honestly, I was surprised they took him. I really like Tre Mason.

I think the Rams are going to take it slow with Gurley so he might not get the numbers. Honestly, I was surprised they took him. I really like Tre Mason.

That is true, they are taking him slowly into camp. Gurley to me is a superstar (and I like Tre Mason a lot as well). I would not be at all surprised if Gurley had 1,500 yards this year; he reminds me of Peterson. That isn't meant to say that he will be Peterson but the combination of size and speed is unlike others that we see. IF his health holds up (big if) he will be great.

I went with Melvin Gordon and Vic Beasley. For an offensive guy I usually go with a RB going to a good team with a good QB. The SD passing game will open up running lanes for him. Beasely is going to be a highlight reel.

Williams is the easy pick for me, but I was deciding between him and Beasley. I can't believe Dupree is getting votes. Supremely talented guy, but no technique at all. He's the biggest boom or bust player in the draft, but if he does hit it won't be this season. It's going to take a bit.

I picked White for offense, but I failed to consider his QB. I didn't think that through all the way. I like him that much as a prospect though.

Williams is the easy pick for me, but I was deciding between him and Beasley. I can't believe Dupree is getting votes. Supremely talented guy, but no technique at all. He's the biggest boom or bust player in the draft, but if he does hit it won't be this season. It's going to take a bit.

I picked White for offense, but I failed to consider his QB. I didn't think that through all the way. I like him that much as a prospect though.

I voted for Dupree because he's the biggest and most imposing of the edge defenders, and he's going to a system where he'll get snaps due to the retirement of Jason Worilds and the general underwhelming play of Jarvis Jones up to this point. I also like (for him) that he'll be mentored by James Harrison, and be playing alongside Lawrence Timmons and Ryan Shazier.

Edited by thebandit27

I thought this was a Bills board! They don't even make the nomination list?

OROY - John Miller

DROY - Ronald Darby

haha - we should be so lucky!!! But seriously, OL usually get ignored when it comes to ROY even when they make a strong case like Zach Martin last year. Darby likely won't see enough starting snaps this season (barring injury) to make a ROY impact.

All that said, IMO if Miller turns into a stud guard our season is going to go well.

I voted for Dupree because he's the biggest and most imposing of the edge defenders, and he's going to a system where he'll get snaps due to the retirement of Jason Worilds and the general underwhelming play of Jarvis Jones up to this point. I also like (for him) that he'll be mentored by James Harrison, and be playing alongside Lawrence Timmons and Ryan Shazier.

He "should" get playing time based on what you said, but Pittsburgh hasn't been a team that plays rookies much - not even first rounders. Maybe things are changing with Lebeau's ouster and due to need though. We will see. The big question with Dupree is if he's ever going to improve his technique to a decent level in the NFL. He relied solely on being a better athlete in college. He had no technique at all. Was that because he had terrible coaching in college and was never taught even rudimentary technique or because he never took to the coaching he got? His upside is undeniable, but he looks to be fools gold to me unless his college coaches were abysmal.

He "should" get playing time based on what you said, but Pittsburgh hasn't been a team that plays rookies much - not even first rounders. Maybe things are changing with Lebeau's ouster and due to need though. We will see. The big question with Dupree is if he's ever going to improve his technique to a decent level in the NFL. He relied solely on being a better athlete in college. He had no technique at all. Was that because he had terrible coaching in college and was never taught even rudimentary technique or because he never took to the coaching he got? His upside is undeniable, but he looks to be fools gold to me unless his college coaches were abysmal.

I don't disagree with most of that--he's raw for certain. I do think you'll see a little less rigidity on the "sit rookies" philosophy with Butler running the defense--we saw a fair amount of it last year with guys like Shazier, McCullers, and Pruitt getting decent playing time.

As to Dupree's technical development, I think some of that was stunted by the fact that he switched positions and defensive systems multiple times while playing at Kentucky, but as you say: we shall see. No doubt he's an intriguing guy to watch. That's part of the reason I picked him--I like going out on the limb. The safe choice is almost never for me :lol:

I got Jameis as OROY because he has the weapons around him to put up some good numbers.

I got Denzel Perryman for DROY from SD. I really liked him coming out of The U. Dude is a big hitter for his size, diagnoses plays quick on the field, then slashes gaps to make tackles.