NFL Coach says RG3 is "done" as effective QB

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He apparently needs his legs to be successful but unlike Wilson has taken a pounding over the past 3 years and that has limited his ability. Also it doesn't seem like he's grown as a player; is he too arrogant? too wrapped up in celebrity? victim of bad circumstances and bad coaching? Who knows, maybe all of the above.

I'd say its more likely than not he never regains his rookie year form, but still too early to write him off entirely.

I love quotes where people don't attach their names. It's cowardly. How do we know the coach is any good?

All I know is RG3 had one of the greatest rookie years I have ever seen. Then he got hurt. Then he got the chubby Gruden who only got the job because of his brother. And he plays on the Washington Slurs, a dysfunctional franchise.

He might not ever get it together in Washjngton but I won't be shocked if he went to another team and had a rebirth.

I can see injuries leading a coach to call a player done.

But ego?

Leopards don't change their spots - I get that. But RG3 is only 25 and still maturing as a man.

His desire to succeed can still overcome his resistance to feedback (if true).

Edited by hondo in seattle

I love quotes where people don't attach their names. It's cowardly. How do we know the coach is any good?

All I know is RG3 had one of the greatest rookie years I have ever seen. Then he got hurt. Then he got the chubby Gruden who only got the job because of his brother. And he plays on the Washington Slurs, a dysfunctional franchise.

He might not ever get it together in Washjngton but I won't be shocked if he went to another team and had a rebirth.

If Washington drafts a QB next year, maybe that other team will be the Bills...

At the end of his great rookie year, Shanahan ruined him by allowing him to play on a spaghetti knee in the playoffs. That gruesome injury forever stole his ability to put fear in the defense with his legs. He's not a great pure passer. Not accurate in the pocket. Never developed an NFL game beyond gifted athlete QB, and unless he somehow finds accuracy and the ability to stand in the pocket and deliver tough throws he's done.

Also, despite his outward arrogance I think he has lost his self-confidence. RGIII is a broken man.