Brandon Marshall: Kyle Orton best QB I've ever played with

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I'm sure he will take it personally. I guess that the point is that considering Cutler a franchise QB is (and was) a mistake. He has always had the tools but not the production.

just not the mind for the game.

B Marsh is doing some reminiscing after trying to catch passes from Fitz and Geno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZngGIw5ONWE

He answered a question honestly and publicly. Why is that not better than what Kromer did?

It's no better or worse. Marshall no longer plays with Cutler and when Kromer made the comments, the team was out of the playoffs, they were already contemplating benching him, and he knew he was a goner. Both made honest statements about him. If he'd made the statements early in the season, yeah I'd say he undermined him.

It's no better or worse. Marshall no longer plays with Cutler and when Kromer made the comments, the team was out of the playoffs, they were already contemplating benching him, and he knew he was a goner. Both made honest statements about him. If he'd made the statements early in the season, yeah I'd say he undermined him.

Love to hear your thoughts if someone does this to a Bills QB this season.

Love to hear your thoughts if someone does this to a Bills QB this season.

I doubt the same comments will be made since his (whoever the starting and failing QB is) contract is paltry and he won't be costing the coaches their jobs.

But if a coach did that early in the season, yes I'd consider it undermining him.

Wow.

Anyway, lots of obfuscation after your stab at moral equivalence. Kromer could have just benched him. Instead, he had to go to the press and anonymously let it be known that Cutler was "absolutely killing" the offense. That and the buyer's remorse thing. This was to soften the blow for the poor Bears fans who were about to hear that their new stater was Jimmy Clausen.

It was reported from multiple sources (non was Kromer we can be sure) that Trestman and the Bears considered firing Kromer for cause as he broke team rules regarding what is said to the press. Ultimately, the Bears followed through as Kromer was the only member of canned Trestman's staff that they fired.

The Pegulas know all of this, you can be sure.

I doubt the same comments will be made since his (whoever the starting and failing QB is) contract is paltry and he won't be costing the coaches their jobs.

But if a coach did that early in the season, yes I'd consider it undermining him.

Why does it matter when? What about the next season?

Wow.

Anyway, lots of obfuscation after your stab at moral equivalence. Kromer could have just benched him. Instead, he had to go to the press and anonymously let it be known that Cutler was "absolutely killing" the offense. That and the buyer's remorse thing. This was to soften the blow for the poor Bears fans who were about to hear that their new stater was Jimmy Clausen.

It was reported from multiple sources (non was Kromer we can be sure) that Trestman and the Bears considered firing Kromer for cause as he broke team rules regarding what is said to the press. Ultimately, the Bears followed through as Kromer was the only member of canned Trestman's staff that they fired.

The Pegulas know all of this, you can be sure.

Why does it matter when? What about the next season?

There's no obfuscating, just apparently your inability to comprehend what I'm saying. Again, the comments were made after the team was out of the playoffs and Kromer knew they were all getting fired, not in part due to Cutler. I don't think he gave a **** about it potentially undermining Cutler for the few games he had remaining as a starter in the season because, again, they were out of the playoffs and they wouldn't have been working together after the season (which answers "what about next season?"). And again, at the time, most people agreed with the comments (and apparently so did/does Brandon Marshall), but not that they were made public. I still say he was wrong to trust Rapoport so it's not like I'm absolving him completely, but it was hardly the earth-shattering incident you're trying to make it out to be.

There's no obfuscating, just apparently your inability to comprehend what I'm saying. Again, the comments were made after the team was out of the playoffs and Kromer knew they were all getting fired, not in part due to Cutler. I don't think he gave a **** about it potentially undermining Cutler for the few games he had remaining as a starter in the season because, again, they were out of the playoffs and they wouldn't have been working together after the season (which answers "what about next season?"). And again, at the time, most people agreed with the comments (and apparently so did/does Brandon Marshall), but not that they were made public. I still say he was wrong to trust Rapoport so it's not like I'm absolving him completely, but it was hardly the earth-shattering incident you're trying to make it out to be.

Why did he cry during his apology if it didn't matter?

Wouldn't that hurt him in getting his next job? Why would someone hire a guy that not only struggled in running an offense but also was a cancer in the locker room? It seems that Kromer's best avenue would have been to keep his mouth shut and ride it out -no?

I am not saying that what he said about Cutler was wrong. I am saying that there was ZERO benefit to him for doing it.

Wouldn't that hurt him in getting his next job? Why would someone hire a guy that not only struggled in running an offense but also was a cancer in the locker room? It seems that Kromer's best avenue would have been to keep his mouth shut and ride it out -no?

I am not saying that what he said about Cutler was wrong. I am saying that there was ZERO benefit to him for doing it.

I think he said what he said out of frustration and not thinking about the future ramifications. And obviously it didn't hurt him getting a new job. ;)

I think he said what he said out of frustration and not thinking about the future ramifications. And obviously it didn't hurt him getting a new job. ;)

It didn't help him either. In hindsight he got a job. Maybe if he hadn't done what he did in Chicago he may have gotten a better job? We just don't know. The only thing that we know is that it didn't help his career. It could only effect it negatively which is why it was a really stupid decision (a general theme in Kromer's life).

It didn't help him either. In hindsight he got a job. Maybe if he hadn't done what he did in Chicago he may have gotten a better job? We just don't know. The only thing that we know is that it didn't help his career. It could only effect it negatively which is why it was a really stupid decision (a general theme in Kromer's life).

After failing in his first stint as an OC, he wasn't going to get anything other than a job as a positional coach. So while I agree it didn't help him, it also didn't end up hurting him. But yes, again, I agree he made a bad decision making those comments to Rapoport.

You keep clinging to this bizarre notion that he was betrayed by Rapaport (a claim Kromer has never made). He gave him an anonymous quote on purpose, plain and simple.

Also, the playoff qualifier makes no sense either--an OC simply can't say those thinks about the team's franchise QB anonymously for the world and the team to read.

You also made up the part that Kromer knew he was going to be fired before he spoke to Rapaport. After this story broke is when they contemplated firing him, but Trestman decided to keep him.