Brandon Marshall: Kyle Orton best QB I've ever played with

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that it is that crazy. Cutler has had moments but for the most part he is not good. Orton, was a steady, smart vet and relatively consistent. At his best he was a middle of the league type of guy. At Cutler's best he's never been much better than that and at his worst he's getting yanked for Jimmy Clausen.

I think that's how it is supposed to read. The guy was pulled for Jimmy Clausen though. It's hard to disrespect someone in that position.

my boss is a Bears fan and kept telling me last year that Marshall and Cutler were great friends. Something obviously changed at some point. Because honestly, Orton isn't the worst QB ever and he had some good games in Denver. But he has never been considered a franchise QB and despite Cutler's issues, he is considered that. So to say this, if I'm Cutler, I'd take it pretty personally.

my boss is a Bears fan and kept telling me last year that Marshall and Cutler were great friends. Something obviously changed at some point. Because honestly, Orton isn't the worst QB ever and he had some good games in Denver. But he has never been considered a franchise QB and despite Cutler's issues, he is considered that. So to say this, if I'm Cutler, I'd take it pretty personally.

Oh, I'm sure he will take it personally. I guess that the point is that considering Cutler a franchise QB is (and was) a mistake. He has always had the tools but not the production.

Oh, I'm sure he will take it personally. I guess that the point is that considering Cutler a franchise QB is (and was) a mistake. He has always had the tools but not the production.

while I'm intrigued to see how he does with Adam Gase, I've never been too impressed with Cutler.

Orton had a couple really nice seasons with Marshall he knows how to throw a guy open and I think being demanding helps a guy like Marshall. The big thing is they protected him well, what he did for us was short circuited by a poor offensive line and a sabotaging head coach. While I don't want Orton back he wasn't the main ingredient of the offense being awful at times. Case of blame the quarterback

He was always on that edge and you like to assume guys will end up taking steps forward not back. Oh well.... Jay made out pretty well for himself still

It's amazing to me how people are talking about Orton as if he's retired. He played the retired card last year and got to skip the whole camp. Then without any preparation he puts up a respectable season on a team with a junior high offensive coordinator.

He signs for 7m this year on a playoff team that loses its starter in preseason.

It's amazing to me how people are talking about Orton as if he's retired. He played the retired card last year and got to skip the whole camp. Then without any preparation he puts up a respectable season on a team with a junior high offensive coordinator.

He signs for 7m this year on a playoff team that loses its starter in preseason.

Do we still hold his rights? I thought it was 2 year deal? Or did he have an opt out like his Head Coach.....?

while I'm intrigued to see how he does with Adam Gase, I've never been too impressed with Cutler.

I'm more intrigued to see how Gase will do without Peyton. Personally, I think Peyton made Gase. I guess if Cutler isn't a dumpster fire, that he will look good.