Man sees car crash; films dead/dying instead of calling 911

i was driving back from lunch last week and as i am getting on the highway, i noticed something on the road, kinda looked like a body, and cars were pulled over...sure enough as i approached it was someone lying in the road, a major highway, appeared to have just happened. I decided not to take a picture simply out of respect. turns out the person survived but it was creepy and I am glad i didn't take the picture, not that it was revealing at all, actually looked like he was simply taking a nap on the road, except for the fact that his shoes were about 10 feet from his feet....

I bet he got the idea from the movie Nightcrawler (pretty decent movie streaming on Netflix right now).

I'm glad they're pursuing charges just on principle, but it won't be much. Based on the article it doesn't sound like he was first on the scene and 911 was likely already called. He didn't do anything to hurt them, just acted like a horrible human being.

i was driving back from lunch last week and as i am getting on the highway, i noticed something on the road, kinda looked like a body, and cars were pulled over...sure enough as i approached it was someone lying in the road, a major highway, appeared to have just happened. I decided not to take a picture simply out of respect. turns out the person survived but it was creepy and I am glad i didn't take the picture, not that it was revealing at all, actually looked like he was simply taking a nap on the road, except for the fact that his shoes were about 10 feet from his feet....

What the heck? Was he injured or really just sleeping?

That's appropriate. I've seen things like that on a couple occasions and, to be honest, taking out my phone and taking a picture never even crossed my mind. Maybe because I get a bit squeamish with things like that. I don't understand how people can get enjoyment or see humor in things like that. The only ones taking photos of those types of scenes should be investigators and professional media IMO.

Edited by Mark80

That's appropriate. I've seen things like that on a couple occasions and, to be honest, taking out my phone and taking a picture never even crossed my mind. Maybe because I get a bit squeamish with things like that. I don't understand how people can get enjoyment or see humor in things like that. The only ones taking photos of those types of scenes should be investigators and professional media IMO.

I don't think it's so much about the enjoyment of the situation, but about the attention they can get when they post it online. We have a serious attention whore problem.

He definitely got hit, probably within 2 minutes of me coming up on it...but i fully expected to see limbs kind of bent in ways they don't bend and blood, but nothing, he was on his side facing away from traffic, so who knows what happened. there was a news story on line about a 'pedestrian' being struck but they reported he survived. creepy nonetheless

What the heck? Was he injured or really just sleeping?

He definitely got hit, probably within 2 minutes of me coming up on it...but i fully expected to see limbs kind of bent in ways they don't bend and blood, but nothing, he was on his side facing away from traffic, so who knows what happened. there was a news story on line about a 'pedestrian' being struck but they reported he survived. creepy nonetheless

Why would he take his shoes off after getting hit, then crawl 10 feet before laying down?

I bet he got the idea from the movie Nightcrawler (pretty decent movie streaming on Netflix right now).

I'm glad they're pursuing charges just on principle, but it won't be much. Based on the article it doesn't sound like he was first on the scene and 911 was likely already called. He didn't do anything to hurt them, just acted like a horrible human being.

They're pursuing charges because the dumbass apparently climbed into the car to film the victims. Some sort of trespassing charge. His not calling 911 is completely irrelevant to the story.

Why would he take his shoes off after getting hit, then crawl 10 feet before laying down?

Pooj said he looked like he was sleeping on the side of the road.

Do you keep your shoes on when you take a nap?

They're pursuing charges because the dumbass apparently climbed into the car to film the victims. Some sort of trespassing charge. His not calling 911 is completely irrelevant to the story.

Yeah, that's what I said. I was just adding that even though it's not much of a charge, it's worth getting him for whatever they can.

Not trying to pass judgement is hard in this case...

...but I am curious how the kids crashed. Sounds like they just went off the road for no reason. Texting?

The article did state that the man called the kids "idiots."

This could actually be a case of road rage. A guy sees some kids doing something stupid and is happy they crashed.