White People

Seriously, we have very little to complain about... our family wealth and societal standing is built on the backs of people of color. Instead of whining about people criticizing that, we should instead being empowering people of color to bring them up to our level of power and privilege.

Ridiculous.

There's no whining in calling out people for being full of ****.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, we have very little to complain about... our family wealth and societal standing is built on the backs of people of color. Instead of whining about people criticizing that, we should instead being empowering people of color to bring them up to our level of power and privilege.

Oh, !@#$ you. My family wealth and societal standing was built on hard work - mine personally on my own. I never exploited a "person of color" in my life, nor - despite my joke above - did my ancestors (more likely they were exploited, given that my last name indicates Bavarian peasant ancestry.)

Though I have to admit, I've been sorely tempted recently to exploit some minorities, just to piss of self-righteous pricks like yourself.

That's all well and good (I happen to disagree, this place is hilarious), but tossing around "RACIST!!!11!one!" doesn't encourage serious debate either.

Calling Native Americans "savages" is a racist action, I'm not implying that you are racist from that one line. I don't know you well enough outside of that.

I'm generally of the opinion that one should only punch on their level, or up, and not down, so to speak. So I have no problem with white people being made fun of, since we, as a group, are on top of the mountain (at least in the US).

Oh, !@#$ you. My family wealth and societal standing was built on hard work - mine personally on my own. I never exploited a "person of color" in my life, nor - despite my joke above - did my ancestors (more likely they were exploited, given that my last name indicates Bavarian peasant ancestry.)

Though I have to admit, I've been sorely tempted recently to exploit some minorities, just to piss of self-righteous pricks like yourself.

Working hard and being advantaged are not mutually exclusive.

Calling Native Americans "savages" is a racist action, I'm not implying that you are racist from that one line. I don't know you well enough outside of that.

I'm generally of the opinion that one should only punch on their level, or up, and not down, so to speak. So I have no problem with white people being made fun of, since we, as a group, are on top of the mountain (at least in the US).

What advantages does a white person have in this day and age?

I'm an equal-opportunity offender.

Not exploiting minorities and "family wealth and societal standing is built on the backs of people of color" sure as **** is mutually exclusive.

All white people? Including Canadians?

Thus you are stating (and I assume the MTV show also), that no matter how you start out your life, if you are White,

you have an advantage.

That is some all-consuming, simplistic, B.S. right there.

That something that you have allowed to be drilled into you, and you would do well for yourself to look at it from another starting point.

My family, largely Irish, enjoyed nothing you describe.

My Irish ancestors came here around the time of the Civil War. Some came as free men who enlisted as soon as they touched land. Others came in chains, against their will, on boats similar to slave ships, coming to the new lands to satisfy their debts working as indentured servants. After the war ended, and once they were freed, they lived in Irish ghettos, and were regularly discriminated against both for their ancestry and their religion.

Our families were huge because they had to be. The more family members working, the smaller the chances of starvation. Yet jokes still persist about our women and our large families even today, mocking them both as whores and overly religious.

My ancestors were told that we had need not apply for any work, as they would not be hired for job openings. Their immigration led to a massive up-swell of nativist sentiment which led to the creation of the "Know Nothings", and the Klan followed suit adopting a pro-nativist anti-Catholic platform.

The discrimination persisted even through JFK's election as President, with huge swaths of the country questioning whether Catholics, who hold loyalty to the Pope in Rome, should be allowed to hold the High Office.

No, my family has not enjoyed what you describe as "white privilege". Over many generations we've pulled ourselves up the economic ladder through our hard work, persistence, and reliance on family as a support system.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

My family, largely Irish, enjoyed nothing you describe.

My Irish ancestors came here around the time of the Civil War. Some came as free men who enlisted as soon as they touched land. Others came in chains, against their will, on boats similar to slave ships, coming to the new lands to satisfy their debts working as indentured servants. After the war ended, and once they were freed, they lived in Irish ghettos, and were regularly discriminated against both for their ancestry and their religion.

No, my family has not enjoyed what you describe as "white privilege". Over many generations we've pulled ourselves up the economic ladder through our hard work, persistence, and reliance on family as a support system.

83.jpg

This business about "our" wealth, etc. being built on the backs of "people of color" is exponentially overstated. I've never inherited or been given a dime gained by slave labor, so how am I reaping this supposed benefit?