White People

This will be well received, I'm sure. :lol:

Jose Antonio Vargas is making some white people uncomfortable with his new MTV documentary — and they've seen only a minute of it.

The documentary, called "White People," doesn't premiere until July 22, but a trailer for it — which had nearly 2 million views on YouTube as of Wednesday — has drawn fire from the right, especially over a teaser line that indicates the program will deal with "white privilege."

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/la-et-mn-white-people-documentary-vargas-20150716-story.html

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish they had me on. "Really? My ancestors owned slaves? ... SWEET! I KNEW I WAS RICH!"

Seriously.

I'd love to be on this show, talking about the history of my ancestors, Irish immigrants, some of whom were indentured servants working side by side with slaves in the fields.

This will be well received, I'm sure. :lol:

It's not a matter of "being received" .............or "drawing fire" from the Right (subtle LA Times )

The director's past efforts are well known, as is MTV's, the trailer shows no sign of balance or in-depth thinking.

They are being mocked for the preaching to the choir, whites are responsible audience.

and rightfully so.

This is right up the Leftist/Alinsky guidelines.............Attack any critics before anything really appears to pump up the "approved" narrative.

its rather boring actually.

Yes. I'm white. I'm white and a second-generation American. My family wasn't even HERE when slavery was an issue. But I'm white.

SO I AM THE DEVIL.

You wanna get uncomfortable, Mr. Vargas? Let's get uncomfortable. How many of your relatives came here illegally?

****, my family settled in Salem in the 1600's (yeah, that Salem). We probably helped conquer the savages native to this now-great land. I love my family's history.

****, my family settled in Salem in the 1600's (yeah, that Salem). We probably helped conquer the savages native to this now-great land. I love my family's history.

I once had a black kid tell me I was racist because I was part of the white establishment. When I told him I had no power, no money, and nothing handed to me he told me it didn't matter. Really?

His rationale: I benefit from the fruits of past slavery.

And yet, he was the one attending Texas on a full grant. PAID BY MY TAX DOLLARS.

Must suck for white people, being criticized and made fun of. Poor white people.

Not racist at all.

I once had a black kid tell me I was racist because I was part of the white establishment. When I told him I had no power, no money, and nothing handed to me he told me it didn't matter. Really?

His rationale: I benefit from the fruits of past slavery.

And yet, he was the one attending Texas on a full grant. PAID BY MY TAX DOLLARS.

Nobody has been able to tell me why inequality and "white privilege" are bad things. Nobody.

Do they exist? Certainly. Would I be a fool not to take advantage? Absolutely.

Must suck for white people, being criticized and made fun of. Poor white people.

Not racist at all.

Dammit........I knew that I should have written that down........I was going to :doh:

EVERYTIME we get a conversation like this, where people give sensible thought-out reasons for criticizing something,

one of the first Liberal responses is the ..............."Oh you poor whites/or right wingers/ or Christians" whining about everything"

Its a standard, knee-jerk response.

oh well.................next time.

Pikers. My ancestors were killing Jews since the Middle Ages. Some branches of my family maintained that tradition well into 1945.

Dammit........I knew that I should have written that down........I was going to :doh:

EVERYTIME we get a conversation like this, where people give sensible thought-out reasons for criticizing something,

one of the first Liberal responses is the ..............."Oh you poor whites/or right wingers/ or Christians" whining about everything"

Its a standard, knee-jerk response.

oh well.................next time.

Seriously, we have very little to complain about... our family wealth and societal standing is built on the backs of people of color. Instead of whining about people criticizing that, we should instead being empowering people of color to bring them up to our level of power and privilege.

Not racist at all.

Your inability to recognize someone having fun with something when you see it is uncanny.

Pikers. My ancestors were killing Jews since the Middle Ages. Some branches of my family maintained that tradition well into 1945.

:lol: This guy gets it.

Edited by LeviF91

I thought this was supposed to be a serious forum for serious debate, my apologies.

That's all well and good (I happen to disagree, this place is hilarious), but tossing around "RACIST!!!11!one!" doesn't encourage serious debate either.