Wifi is a privilege, not a right

Just Jack

Tahlequah is awesome! I go there at least once a year for a family canoe trip down the Illinois River. Also nearby is a beautiful lake and, IMO, some of the best scenery in Oklahoma (it is a low benchmark, but nice nonetheless). Small college town with a large Native American population - there are plenty of unusual characters there as well. We are already planning our Labor Day weekend there.

Original thread title (in case this changes): Wifi is a privilege, not a right

The UN disagrees with this thread title

http://www.wired.com/2011/06/internet-a-human-right/

How is something that you have to pay for monthly a human right? Is cable TV a human right too?

Tahlequah is awesome! I go there at least once a year for a family canoe trip down the Illinois River. Also nearby is a beautiful lake and, IMO, some of the best scenery in Oklahoma (it is a low benchmark, but nice nonetheless). Small college town with a large Native American population - there are plenty of unusual characters there as well. We are already planning our Labor Day weekend there.

How is something that you have to pay for monthly a human right? Is cable TV a human right too?

If you talked to some of my customers you'd think it was.

Tahlequah is awesome!

I agree completely. I'm not sure about the canoe trips, but I like to take a shot of tahlequah along with my frozen margaritas. My favorite brand is Sauza Conmemorativo.

It's only a right if there's a way for somebody else to pay for yours