The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

By what measure do you not consider it a war since 1991?

by a declaration of war or recognition of such by an international body.

this endless parsing and dancing on pinheads as a form of argument is juvenile and tiresome. but that's the point, non?

Edited by birdog1960

this endless parsing and dancing on pinheads as a form of argument is juvenile and tiresome. but that's the point, non?

And yet 20,000 troops went into a combat zone and military aircraft had been engaged in active shooting. But to you, it's not a war. I guess, neither was Vietnam.

So an active conflict involving ongoing combat is only a war if a legislative or international body certifies it as such? What the hell was all that shooting from 1991 to 2003 then? A slightly inimical peace?

You know what's scariest about your ridiculous point of view? That you honestly believe that wars end because of some political finding or statement. The inability to comprehend that Desert Shield and Desert Storm and Desert Fox and OIF and Iraqi Civil War and the military intervention against ISIS are all the same continuing conflict is precisely why it's a continuing conflict.

And yet 20,000 troops went into a combat zone and military aircraft had been engaged in active shooting. But to you, it's not a war. I guess, neither was Vietnam.

it never ceases to amaze me that simpletons on the right like you take documents like the constitution at face value until, well, until it doesn't suit your purpose. the constitution clearly defines war: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/War. I guess that's not as clear as missiles being included in the right of citizens to bear arms, huh?

ooh and btw, Clinton sent a similar number of troops to Haiti. did we have a war in Haiti that no one talks about?

Edited by birdog1960

it never ceases to amaze me that simpletons on the right like you take documents like the constitution at face value until, well, until it doesn't suit your purpose. the constitution clearly defines war: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/War. I guess that's not as clear as missiles being included in the right of citizens to bear arms, huh?

ooh and btw, Clinton sent a similar number of troops to Haiti. did we have a war in Haiti that no one talks about?

Amazing how you call other people simpletons lol

Edited by meazza

So by that link's definition, Korea & Vietnam weren't wars, were they?

What's your point on Haiti? Are you trying to compare it to the two-decade long military presence spanning four Presidents?

Yes, you ****head. By your own definition.

it's not my definition, it's the constitution which just about every pinhead con takes literally just as they do the bible unless it doesn't suit their purpose.

So by that link's definition, Korea & Vietnam weren't wars, were they?

What's your point on Haiti? Are you trying to compare it to the two-decade long military presence spanning four Presidents?

you argued that Iraq was a war because Clinton sent troops ( to Kuwait btw). why should the criteria be different for Haiti? oh that's right - cuz u say it is!

Edited by birdog1960

it's not my definition, it's the constitution which just about every pinhead con takes literally just as they do the bible unless it doesn't suit their purpose.

you argued that Iraq was a war because Clinton sent troops ( to Kuwait btw). why should the criteria be different for Haiti? oh that's right - cuz u say it is!

The INVASION of Haiti was authorized by a UN resolution.

Yet in the link you provided, nearly every active military conflict in the last 70 years hasn't been a "war"

No, I actually do longer and more in depth insults, you doofus B-)

brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes, such as 'ass breath' and 'poop head'.

Edited by Azalin

Yes, you've been an insult to our intelligence for years now.

You mean "Operation Southern Watch," under UN Resolution 688? :rolleyes:

yes, the one that says nothing about war or invasion: http://www.cfr.org/international-organizations-and-alliances/un-security-council-resolution-688-iraq/p11206

brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes, such as 'ass breath' and 'poop head'.

somebody oughta tell oc this….fortunaely not around much lately. occasional appearances are more than adequate,