The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

Hey, y’all! There’s a new poll out from NBC/WSJ/Telemundo on how Latinos view the GOP presidential candidates. Not looking good, right?

Poll: Latinos Give Poor Marks to Trump, GOP - NBC News

Nearly three in four Latinos say they have a negative view of Trump, with 67 percent saying their view is "very negative."

CQJ75TmXAAAT_0D.png

But there’s something a little odd about who’s not included in the poll.

That’s right: the two Latino GOP presidential candidates are missing:

Let’s keep in mind that the poll is a national sample of just 250 Latino adults with a high margin of error, which makes its usefulness even more suspect:

The NBC/WSJ/Telemundo oversample of Latinos included interviews with 250 Latino adults between September 20 and September 24. The margin of error is +/- 6.20 percent.

But this still doesn’t explain why Rubio, who was polled in the last NBC/WSJ/Telemundo oversample of Latino voters in July, was left out

Also note that only 73 percent of the respondents were registered to vote.

So Trump and the GOP are polling about the same as they have historically among Latinos.

So Trump and the GOP are polling about the same as they have historically among Latinos.

So based on that poll, (i couldn't tell if it said they only got legal or potentially illegal latinos included) what it says is that people who may or may not be legal to vote view the candidates who have the greatest likelihood of giving them amnesty the highest but the candidates who are most likely to be against illegal immigration they view the least favorably (since it may actually apply to them)

Shocker.

WASHINGTON -- The renewed debate over national security following the Paris terror attacks is once again putting the spotlight on Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul and his advocacy of less intervention abroad.

A presidential campaign in which foreign policy takes center stage poses a greater challenge for Paul than perhaps any other Republican hopeful. His rivals have painted the Kentucky senator as a strict isolationist -- a difficult brand to bear in the Republican Party, whose voters generally give a much higher priority to national security issues than do Democrats.

Yet as the GOP candidates sharpened their rhetoric over the weekend, urging President Barack Obama to accelerate the fight against Islamic State militants and reauthorize the National Security Agency program that collects bulk metadata, Paul struck a more measured tone.

Looks like this doofus is done. Oh wait, he already was! Wrong type of kook to win. Just a little guess, but I don't think we'll see anymore filibusters about drones anymore.

thing is, his platform is pretty much main stream. doesnt portend well for the remaining candidates or the party

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal says he's ending his run for president

http://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/trailguide/la-na-trailguide-11172015-htmlstory.html

You're incapable of posting anything that isn't couched in lies and misdirection, are you? Jindal's campaign isn't mainstream, he's been the invisible candidate since he announced.

You're incapable of posting anything that isn't couched in lies and misdirection, are you? Jindal's campaign isn't mainstream, he's been the invisible candidate since he announced.

This is the first I've heard about Jindal's campaign. Invisible candidate indeed.

:D LOL at our resident left concerned over "mainstream" Governor Jindal dropping out.

I am so glad to see that they acknowledge that these ideas are mainstream in America.

Do you like school choice? Jindal pushed for the biggest expansion anywhere.
If immigration’s your issue, here’s the guy who talked about assimilation and could point to his family’s life experience
“We need to insist people that want to come to our country should come legally, should learn English and adopt our values, roll up their sleeves, and get to work,”
He is against having (more) Syrian 'refugees' sent to LA.
Jindal also started cutting portions of state government, including privatizing the state’s hospitals, turning down the Medicaid expansion offered under Obamacare, and cutting funding to state universities and colleges.
and (of course) he is strongly Pro-Life
You're right...................we should have given this mainstream governor a better look :lol:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-leads-carson-second-as-gop-voters-favor-change-over-experience/2015/11/21/a1f05f1c-8fcb-11e5-acff-673ae92ddd2b_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-high_goppoll-1201am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The Donald is still in the lead, followed by the other crazy guy

Saved to Reading List
For the fourth consecutive month, businessman Donald Trump leads the contest for the Republican presidential nomination, with his candidacy fueled by a powerful anti-Washington mood among GOP voters, according to a newnational poll by The Washington Post and ABC News.

Yeah, but the real story is republicans besting Hillary head to head. It's nice to have several choices on the right, any of which can win.

Edited by keepthefaith

Yeah, but the real story is republicans besting Hillary head to head. It's nice to have several choices on the right, any of which can win.

Trump is a "choice" for you?

I'd vote for Bush W, Gore, Obama, Clinton, Carson...even "the rent is too damn high" before Trump.

Has there been a more frightening candidate in the last 30 years.

Seriously, could you pull the lever for Trump?

Edited by Observer

Trump is a "choice" for you?

I'd vote for Bush W, Gore, Obama, Clinton, Carson...even "the rent is too damn high" before Trump.

Has there been a more frightening candidate in the last 30 years.

Seriously, could you pull the lever for Trump?

unfortunately that's a firm "yes" from many here and many others on the right. there are very few bush repubs left and literally no Rockefeller repubs. scary stuff that so many can support this selfish, spiteful, childish egomaniac. this is a direct result of a disenfranchised and dwindling middle class grasping at straws. news flash: trump is not on your side.

unfortunately that's a firm "yes" from many here and many others on the right. there are very few bush repubs left and literally no Rockefeller repubs. scary stuff that so many can support this selfish, spiteful, childish egomaniac. this is a direct result of a disenfranchised and dwindling middle class grasping at straws. news flash: trump is not on your side.

True conservatives left that party a long time ago. It gone run over by neoconservatives, religious right, and foreign special interests. That said I give trump credit for being the only serious candidate who was a) opposed to Iraq war, b) supports leaving Assad in place as the lessor of two evils, c) said he'd talk with Putin and work things out and d) said even if global warming isn't man made isn't worth addressing so we can simply have cleaner air. As a businessman at least I think he'll make practical choices, and i just force myself to look the other way at the weirdness. The other ones unfortunately I believe are more likely to act on their bizarre views of the environment and foreign relations. Edited by JTSP

Most of the people here who you would consider to be on the right probably don't self identify as republicans. I can't speak for all but I can myself. I am not a republican. I feel the party is too concerned with maintaining the status quo and continuing careers, beholden to special interests and the party of democrat lite. I vote for the candidates in any election that most closely aligns with my viewpoints. There are many disenfranchised "republican" voters who feel betrayed by the party that has lost their way and refused to stand up for its principles.

And to your other point

Trump exists beause of obama, and republicans not executing their campaign promises once we elect them. Trump is such an extreme alpha male take no bull **** call it like he sees it persona, that he is a breath of fresh air to many who are sick of Obama's bull **** policies general lack of leadership and indecisiveness and apologizing for America. Trump actively speaks what many in the republican party feel. He is optimistic and wants to make America exceptional. He recognizes there are real threats to america, he values freedom and the 2nd ammendment etc..

There is a reason by and large the GOP establishment and media have turned against him so quickly but voters still flock to him. He is a threat to the status quo and the good ol boy network.

I still don't know if he is my preferred candidate from the right, but I guarantee 100% I would vote for him over anyone the left rolls out without a second of hesitation.

Edited by drinkTHEkoolaid

Most of the people here who you would consider to be on the right probably don't self identify as republicans. I can't speak for all but I can myself. I am not a republican. I feel the party is too concerned with maintaining the status quo and continuing careers, beholden to special interests and the party of democrat lite. I vote for the candidates in any election that most closely aligns with my viewpoints. There are many disenfranchised "republican" voters who feel betrayed by the party that has lost their way and refused to stand up for its principles.

And to your other point

Trump exists beause of obama, and republicans not executing their campaign promises once we elect them. Trump is such an extreme alpha male take no bull **** call it like he sees it persona, that he is a breath of fresh air to many who are sick of Obama's bull **** policies general lack of leadership and indecisiveness and apologizing for America. Trump actively speaks what many in the republican party feel. He is optimistic and wants to make America exceptional. He recognizes there are real threats to america, he values freedom and the 2nd ammendment etc..

There is a reason by and large the GOP establishment and media have turned against him so quickly but voters still flock to him. He is a threat to the status quo and the good ol boy network.

I still don't know if he is my preferred candidate from the right, but I guarantee 100% I would vote for him over anyone the left rolls out without a second of hesitation.

What do you want/think he will get done to make America a better place?

And to your other point

Truly frightening to imagine he could be president. You want to see the stature of the US crumble to dust? Elect a hair trigger guy with no economic sense (don't confuse business with economics). Definitely the most dangerous man in the race.