The GOP Nomination--The Donald and So Much More!

What are we arguing now? I'm saying Stewart is NOT impartial. He's a liberal, admits he's a liberal, with a comedy show. His job isn't to be impartial, it's to get laughs.

The argument is that he's crossed the line from entertaining to advocacy, and has done it in a subtle and clever way that brings Idiocracy closer to reality. It's not a coincidence that his show is on Comedy Central.

The argument is that he's crossed the line from entertaining to advocacy, and has done it in a subtle and clever way that brings Idiocracy closer to reality. It's not a coincidence that his show is on Comedy Central.

:lol: So now he's a plant? You realize he didn't create the Daily Show, right?

Demonstrably doesn't mean what you think it means, lemming.

Double dumbass on you! :lol:

That's not what he was referring to, lemming.

Oh, was he referring to this?

John Stewart is funny as hell but make no mistake, he is for Liberals as what Fox is for Republicans, a cheerleader for the party and causes he supports.

Because this is what started the conversation.

Oh, was he referring to this?

Because this is what started the conversation.

No, what started the conversation was the fact that Fox helps shapes its viewers opinions for Conservative causes and Jon helps shapes his viewers with liberal causes. Somehow, that got your panties all wadded up and you felt the need to defend him as JUST being a comedian, when we all know that he IS a comedian (and a really good one) but that he also is an advocate for liberal causes and policies.

Edited by Magox

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/gmgfdo/conservative-libertarian

He calls himself a progressive. This is just the first clip I searched... You're wrong.

Not really. He says people like Glenn Beck call him a progressive and he mock-chokes on the term. His intention there is to deny the label, no?

There must be a better example clip than that.

That article shows what? That he's not a liberal? :lol:

I mean, yes, quite obviously he IS a liberal. Just like Fox News quite obviously leans Republican (or, for GG's sake, at least some of their talking heads do). But I don't think either one is honest about it on-air. At the very least, that article shows he wasn't honest about it circa 2002, right?

No, what started the conversation was the fact that Fox helps shapes its viewers opinions for Conservative causes and Jon helps shapes his viewers with liberal causes. Somehow, that got your panties all wadded up and you felt the need to defend him as JUST being a comedian, when we all know that he IS a comedian (and a really good one) but that he also is an advocate for liberal causes and policies.

Try again.

John Stewart is funny as hell but make no mistake, he is for Liberals as what Fox is for Republicans, a cheerleader for the party and causes he supports.

Except Fox pretends to be a news channel while Stewart unabashedly remains a comedian hosting a comedy program.

Not really. He says people like Glenn Beck call him a progressive and he mock-chokes on the term. His intention there is to deny the label, no?

There must be a better example clip than that.

I mean, yes, quite obviously he IS a liberal. Just like Fox News quite obviously leans Republican (or, for GG's sake, at least some of their talking heads do). But I don't think either one is honest about it on-air. At the very least, that article shows he wasn't honest about it circa 2002, right?

There are literally hundreds of clips where he talks about his personal politics. He does not have to hide his politics because he's a comedian, not an impartial source of news. Go through their archive, you'll find plenty.

Your reading comprehension blows.

You're not very good at this.

You made the analogy to Stewart being like Fox news. I pointed out that's erroneous because Fox has the pretense of being impartial -- Stewart does not.

The rest of this is you getting butt hurt because you're overly sensitive. Relax, breathe deep. You'll be okay. I promise.

There are literally hundreds of clips where he talks about his personal politics. He does not have to hide his politics because he's a comedian, not an impartial source of news. Go through their archive, you'll find plenty.

You're not very good at this.

You made the analogy to Stewart being like Fox news. I pointed out that's erroneous because Fox has the pretense of being impartial -- Stewart does not.

The rest of this is you getting butt hurt because you're overly sensitive. Relax, breathe deep. You'll be okay. I promise.

You are one delusional lemming.

:beer:

Try again.

Actually that is correct. Stewart pretends to lampoon the political process, but over time he's become a part of that process as a witting or unwitting advocate. I don't know which one is worse.

And check the media studies, the news part of Fox is not as slanted to the right as the news parts of the other networks slant to the left. Nobody will argue about the rightward leanings of Fox's personality shows. Stewart is much more duplicitous.

Edited by GG

He's a comedian who is perceived by millions (ok I made that number up) of viewers as a deliverer of the news. That's the issue.

Actually that is correct. Stewart pretends to lampoon the political process, but over time he's become a part of that process as a witting or unwitting advocate. I don't know which one is worse.

He's a smart dude, any rational thinking observer knows that he is wittingly advocating his positions, similar to Fox wittingly advocating for theirs.

And check the media studies, the news part of Fox is not as slanted to the right as the news parts of the other networks slant to the left. Nobody will argue about the rightward leanings of Fox's personality shows. Stewart is much more duplicitous.

He doesn't pretend to lampoon the political process -- he lampoons the political process. Because his show has gained influence doesn't change what he is. Just like when Carlin became popular he didn't suddenly become part of the political process.

You're crazy if you think he's being duplicitous and somehow Fox is not (or any of the corporate media).

He's a smart dude, any rational thinking observer knows that he is wittingly advocating his positions, similar to Fox wittingly advocating for theirs.

And any rational observer of the Daily Show knows they are watching a comedy show and NOT the news. Which is why comparing him to Fox is retarded.

He's a comedian who is perceived by millions (ok I made that number up) of viewers as a deliverer of the news. That's the issue.

That's not Stewart's fault that a certain portion of the audience aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer. But it IS Fox's fault that the less sharp members of their audience think they're watching unbiased news when they tune in... because, you know, it's called FOX NEWS -- fair and balanced.

And any rational observer of the Daily Show knows they are watching a comedy show and NOT the news. Which is why comparing him to Fox is retarded.

Except, you are wrong. People look to not only get comedy BUT their NEWS as well when they watch the daily show. Try to get that through your thick skull, lemming.

Edited by Magox

He doesn't pretend to lampoon the political process -- he lampoons the political process. Because his show has gained influence doesn't change what he is. Just like when Carlin became popular he didn't suddenly become part of the political process.

You're crazy if you think he's being duplicitous and somehow Fox is not (or any of the corporate media).

He lampoons the right at far greater numbers. The only time he lampoons the left is when it's too obvious to ignore and only after the story has been alive after several news cycles. It's not just the opening monologues, but the guests he has on and the kind of questioning he throws down. It's silly to compare him to Cralin, because Carlin didn't have a nightly program to channel his views, nor did Carlin used guests as props for his cause. Just because his show is allegedly fake news, doesn't mean people treat all of it as fake news. The guests are real, and they don't do a comedy routine when they answer his no-so-fake questions.

Perfect gig for him. He gets to hide behind the comedian mask while taking notes from the White House.