KKK wants to 'Adopt A Highway'

So when democratically elected representatives vote to remove a flag, it's ok but if they vote to outlaw gay marriage it isn't?

You do actually understand how our system of government works, right? The courts have overturned and/or upheld laws BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK.

Anyone who thinks homosexual couples don't deserve the same legal protections that they enjoy is a moron. You're still free to discriminate against them while genuflecting to whatever flying spaghetti monster you choose but our government can't be allowed the same levity.

there was a democratically determined public action. elected legislators bvoted on it under onerous restictions on removing the flag and removal still won. the jim crow laws are relevant here bec ause you all are making the assetion that liberals are deciding how people (mostly white southern people) live there lives. compared to what the jim crow lows did to black southern people that constitute a mosquito bite vedrsus a bullwhip laceration.

What's your point? That you shouldn't concern yourself with an injustice if you can find an historical instance of greater injustice?

there was a democratically determined public action. elected legislators bvoted on it under onerous restictions on removing the flag and removal still won. the jim crow laws are relevant here bec ause you all are making the assetion that liberals are deciding how people (mostly white southern people) live there lives. compared to what the jim crow lows did to black southern people that constitute a mosquito bite vedrsus a bullwhip laceration.

One state had their legislators gather and vote to take down the flag. One, not some kind of 'national consensus'. This national consensus of which you speak is a movement sweeping across the nation where people are banning similar images, stores are pulling confederate-related products for fear of accusations of racism, and now television shows are being taken off the air for similar reasons. People are clamoring for civil war monuments to be removed if they have anything to do with the confederacy. If that's the way you want it, then fine. Don't you dare let me hear one peep out of you in the future regarding anything you may consider to be a suppression of free expression.

So when democratically elected representatives vote to remove a flag, it's ok but if they vote to outlaw gay marriage it isn't?

Pretty much. It's only suppression if the left says it is.

You do actually understand how our system of government works, right? The courts have overturned and/or upheld laws BECAUSE THAT'S HOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO WORK.

Anyone who thinks homosexual couples don't deserve the same legal protections that they enjoy is a moron. You're still free to discriminate against them while genuflecting to whatever flying spaghetti monster you choose but our government can't be allowed the same levity.

I could give less than the recommended two ***** about whether or not gays can marry. I wish the best of luck for them with the hell that is marriage. What I DO care about is hypocrisy. Something like 3/4ths this country democratically voted for laws outlawing it, and the left screamed injustice. No such screaming and bleating at the removal of a flag they didn't like, however.

What's your point? That you shouldn't concern yourself with an injustice if you can find an historical instance of greater injustice?

my point is the some of the same people (and their heirs) that are complaining bitterly over the loss of official state acceptance of their commonly interpreted racist symbol, were the ones supporting much worse and more materially consequential injustices. it's ironic but justly poetic at the same time.

I could give less than the recommended two ***** about whether or not gays can marry. I wish the best of luck for them with the hell that is marriage. What I DO care about is hypocrisy. Something like 3/4ths this country democratically voted for laws outlawing it, and the left screamed injustice. No such screaming and bleating at the removal of a flag they didn't like, however.

Once again, you're whining about the system working the way it's supposed to. It doesn't matter if 100% of the country votes for something if it's unconstitutional. That's why we're not a democracy.