Do the Bills have a better QB situation than the Pats?

Mark it down folks. FC just said that the Patriots are better without Brady than the Bills are without EJ if they both go out. He must think something positive about EJ to think that.

Nah, I just know Belichick would work some black magic to get a playoff berth.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good enough to get to the postseason does not equal a better QB situation.

yet you trash EJ every chance you get.

RE: Pats better than Bills w/o Brady* or EJ

Then I wholeheartedly, but respectfully, disagree with you.

I often wonder ... does anyone take him serious any more?

Mark it down folks. FC just said that the Patriots are better without Brady than the Bills are without EJ if they both go out. He must think something positive about EJ to think that.

drunken texting maybe or will he will blame auto correct.

Let's stop drinking the off season kool aid.

We should stop calling this D great, stellar or elite until after the season or at ;east let them play half the season.

Also stop saying how good our WRs, RBs, and TE's are until after the season. Our Oline looks pitiful and so are our QBs. As the play of the WRS, RBs and TEs is entirely dependent upon two wobbly pillars they probably won't be as good as advertised.

Again we drink the kool aid that a rd 3 rookie G is the answer; Glenn will rebound, Wood will step up, Henderson or Kujo will play like a pro, and Incognito won't get suspended for something stupid. Three things could happen with this unit. 1 all positives happen and they improve. 2, all bad things happen and they blow up. 3 some good, some bad, they play mediocre to poor all year. Chances are it's number 3.

We drink the kool aid that a 3 man competition will spit out a reliable QB? When / where has that ever actually happened before?

We should stop calling this D great, stellar or elite until after the season or at ;east let them play half the season.

Also stop saying how good our WRs, RBs, and TE's are until after the season. Our Oline looks pitiful and so are our QBs. As the play of the WRS, RBs and TEs is entirely dependent upon two wobbly pillars they probably won't be as good as advertised.

Again we drink the kool aid that a rd 3 rookie G is the answer; Glenn will rebound, Wood will step up, Henderson or Kujo will play like a pro, and Incognito won't get suspended for something stupid. Three things could happen with this unit. 1 all positives happen and they improve. 2, all bad things happen and they blow up. 3 some good, some bad, they play mediocre to poor all year. Chances are it's number 3.

We drink the kool aid that a 3 man competition will spit out a reliable QB? When / where has that ever actually happened before?

So we need to wait until the end of the season to say good things, but we can say bad things before the first game?

So the D that was great last year, and has only lost Spikes, isn't great anymore?

Sammy Watkins and Robert Woods aren't going to be good - even though they were very good last year?

We lost CJ Spiller, but gained McCoy ... and that's not an upgrade?

That's not drinking Kool Aid. It's looking at it for what it is.

Can't all bad things happen to all teams?

So if you'd like to stop drinking the off season kool aid, then go for it. But don't think just because you're a negative nancy that everyone else should be.

Have you considered writing for NFL.com?

Wasn't there a competition in 2012 somewhere in the pacific northwest between Matt Flynn, Tavaris Jackson, and Russell Wilson? Remind me how that turned out.

Wasn't there a competition in 2012 somewhere in the pacific northwest between Matt Flynn, Tavaris Jackson, and Russell Wilson? Remind me how that turned out.

2/3 ended up Bills. The other one ended up winning.

So we need to wait until the end of the season to say good things, but we can say bad things before the first game?

Exactly what I was going to say. As much as I do think people are overestimating how great our offensive weapons will be I think people are underestimating how solid our line could be.

So I think we will have an o-line that ranks somewhere middle of the pack 14-18th territory but of the new offensive weapons I think only Clay is going to live up to his billing. McCoy will be solid but not a superstar and Harvin will disappoint. Now none of that is any more than speculation at this stage, but if you are allowed to speculate the negative you should be allowed to speculate the positive too.

I can stop drinking whenever I want to. It's not like I'm addicted, it's just nice to throw some back after a long hard day......I've got it under control.....I swear!

If the refs call holding on the Pats*** line, Brady gets pressured, then yes, we have a better QB situation. Brady simply cannot deal with pressure the way Manuel or Taylor can.

In terms of depth, I'd take our "overall depth" over the Pats***. But only one QB plays at a time, and that QB is Brady, so the starting QB situation is tilted greatly in favor of Brady unless a D can pressure him. Then he turns to average.

Hey Chan, your thread sucks but that's not why I'm here... :)

Just wanted to clarify a little factoid I got wrong in a discusssion with you the other day... Russell Wilson was 10th in total offense out of active starting QB's, NOT 1st like I stated previously..... Still pretty damn good, though.... Anyway, that's all.