Bills' Camp @ SJF: Week 1 Day 6 - Begins on Page 64

I think that one goes to the end of TC. Kujo is getting plenty of 1st team reps and drawing REX-praise.

Also, reading between the OLines -as it were, I think it's telling that Wood HASN'T been declared starting center. Appears he got abused today and he's coming off his worst year of play, IMO.

Oops. Nevermind. Just saw Rex's Presser. I don't know what I'm talking about.. I did mean to reference Henderson's challenge with Miller -not Kujo, but Rex threw flowers at Wood "I dont see Wood being replaced anytime soon.."

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh.

If EJ gets traded this preseason for a low round pick, Whaley may need to be fired. I'm serious. The lack of urgency and ultimate failure regarding the QB position is unacceptable. Sam Bradford was available for trade this offseason. Josh McCown was in town and they let him leave without a contract. No QB was drafted despite several developmental prospects being available (Bryce Petty, etc.), several of whom were on the Bills' radar screen. There is no excuse for another lost season, especially given the talent that exists throughout the rest of this roster.

I know it's harsh and maybe premature but I've just about had it with Doug Whaley.

Why are people down on the Bills beat reporters? They're just calling it a they're seeing it. If there's an increased scrutiny of EJ is that's what's expected since this is a make it or break it camp for him

He's in his third training camp, and should be separating himself from the pack. It is a concern that's he's still in the mix with an aging average veteran and a guy who's barely played a single nfl game.

Serious question... why is EJ the one we get rid of if all three suck equally (from the sounds of it) so far? Is it just because Tyrod is "Rex's guy" and Cassel is a vet? Or is there a financial gain to be had?

i don't think they have all sucked equally, from what I gather. But my guess is that he is the one with the most trade value, and TT is the unknown (they think his skill set fits the offense, they want to see what he could do) while Cassel is the vet mentor backup that you turn to if TT flops. EJ would not really have a role other than emergency QB. . Just how I see it.

Ugh.

If EJ gets traded this preseason for a low round pick, Whaley may need to be fired. I'm serious. The lack of urgency and ultimate failure regarding the QB position is unacceptable. Sam Bradford was available for trade this offseason. Josh McCown was in town and they let him leave without a contract. No QB was drafted despite several developmental prospects being available (Bryce Petty, etc.), several of whom were on the Bills' radar screen. There is no excuse for another lost season, especially given the talent that exists throughout the rest of this roster.

I know it's harsh and maybe premature but I've just about had it with Doug Whaley.

The time to draft a QB was the 2014 draft. Ross Cockrell better turn into a pro bowler.

I don't know that I would blame them. If one of the WR's gets injured on a crap throw....ugly.

You mean like last year

Ugh.

Not to pick on you specifically, but this just about does it for me and this thread. Day 3 of camp and people are already on the ledge. I guess I should have expected it.

Serious question... why is EJ the one we get rid of if all three suck equally (from the sounds of it) so far? Is it just because Tyrod is "Rex's guy" and Cassel is a vet? Or is there a financial gain to be had?

I think the operative word here is "traded" which is the only reason I give this any credence. And believe me, I'm an EJ supporter. EJ has some upside and there is a market in the irrational trader market to whom the Bills have ties (I'm looking at you Chip. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea that you GM) and if Rex and Whaley don't see a difference and want to move on and get something, ok. But if anyone thinks Cassel is going to come down from heaven and be decent, from what we've seen I want what you're smoking.

I think that one goes to the end of TC. Kujo is getting plenty of 1st team reps and drawing REX-praise.

Also, reading between the OLines -as it were, I think it's telling that Wood HASN'T been declared starting center. Appears he got abused today and he's coming off his worst year of play, IMO.

I think Wood is supposedly a great Bill because he shows love for the team. Because he has been on the line so long. And also because he is a guy who likes to rally the troops. Outside of that is he or has he ever really been that guy? Like a star? I dont see it. I dont get it. Be for drafting Miller i really wanted to move wood back to guard and draft a center.

I think you were thinking about Henderson? Because you are right, the RT battle is going to go down to the wire. I hope they figure it out soon so that we can let the line familiarize itself during camp.

Who is John Millers competition? Richardson and Rubik. They say he is teaching other line men their responsibilities. Also they said he gave Dareus and K Williams all they could handle. We need to give him the spot.... Assuming he can stay healthy

Ugh.

So you're not a fan of how he has transformed this team into a serious AFC contender?

Rex Ryan: "I've never seen it before, but Sammy Watkins took someone off their feet in a stalk block drill. This just in, Sammy can do everything."

Watching Ryan's press conference today and how he glowed when talking about Shady and Watkins warmed the cockles of my cold, dead heart.

So you're not a fan of how he has transformed this team into a serious AFC contender?

I am a fan of it - but GMs who do not find QBs (or don't even try to) don't last very long.

And I'm not in the "sky is falling" camp - I said IF that trade happens. I'm hoping that rumor turns out to be false.

I am a fan of it - but GMs who do not find QBs (or don't even try to) don't last very long.

And I'm not in the "sky is falling" camp - I said IF that trade happens. I'm hoping that rumor turns out to be false.

At the same time if the trade is good and we get something in return than I'll commend him for turning basically nothing into something. Doing something a good GM should do. I'll wait to see how the trade goes.

Rex Ryan: "I've never seen it before, but Sammy Watkins took someone off their feet in a stalk block drill. This just in, Sammy can do everything."

Watching Ryan's press conference today and how he glowed when talking about Shady and Watkins warmed the cockles of my cold, dead heart.

He's been raving about Watkins for a while. He's going to be a star if they can get him the ball. His talent is unbelievable.

haha that poor man has been devoid of dynamic offensive playmakers for a long time. He must be giddy (yes I know QB)

haha that poor man has been devoid of dynamic offensive playmakers for a long time. He must be giddy (yes I know QB)

Totally seems that way when he talks about Shady and Watkins. Rex talks a good game, but you can hear the sincerity in his voice when he's talking about the moves Shady's making in camp and how complete Sammy is. It's just nice to hear, even if it's not surprising, because it comes off as genuine. Of course QB is the big question mark, and it will remain so until they start playing some preseason games and we can see for ourselves how far along these guys are (speaking for the out of town folks who can't make it to camp of course).

ReaLly,

Can you give some examples to back that up? GM's typcially last quite awhile and really can't recall any getting fired over having an issue with one position. Granted it is most important, but if he's making good moves everywhere else, he's not going anywhere,

He's tried plenty, have they worked out very well so far, probably not too well, but if finding a QB was as easy as you make it sound, every team would have good ones.

I've read the same reports as you the last 3 days. It seems to be a theme. He made the great throw to Woods but other than that he has been bad by the accounts that I have read (Fairburn, Rodak, Dunne, Carucci, Buscaglia, etc...). It doesn't sound like anyone has been particularly good but EJ has been the worst (hence only 1 session with the 1's).

Carucci is the best of those mentioned the others seemed set against EJ "looking moderate".