More soccer--USMNT in the Gold Cup

Why sit Jozy? He's such a physical force up front, it makes up for his selfish play...a little.

I think he's out of shape a bit right now. When he's not at his best, he stifles their attack somewhat. Better to have Aron Johannsson (man, it's hard to remember where the extra letters go) maybe to get better movement and flow from midfield to attack.

I get bored sometimes when Jozy is just the target striker with his back to the goal. He made one nice play in the Honduras game, which resulted in a goal, but apart from that he was not doing much.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's out of shape a bit right now. When he's not at his best, he stifles their attack somewhat. Better to have Aron Johannsson (man, it's hard to remember where the extra letters go) maybe to get better movement and flow from midfield to attack.

I get bored sometimes when Jozy is just the target striker with his back to the goal. He made one nice play in the Honduras game, which resulted in a goal, but apart from that he was not doing much.

You make good points. There was another play where he cut hard and completely juked the defender and al he had to do was hit a short pass to Dempsey or Bradley who were both running in undefended, but instead he decided to cut again and lost the ball. If he isn't in top shape, maybe they should sit him.

I wish it wasn't on so late. We need to pay a lot better than we have been. That was a great play by Zardes to hit Dempsey for the goal last game but aside from that, they didn't look that good.

I wish it wasn't on so late. We need to pay a lot better than we have been. That was a great play by Zardes to hit Dempsey for the goal last game but aside from that, they didn't look that good.

Yeah, they're starting slow. But 6 points says you got the job done. Part of it is that they're still kind of dicking around with the roster. I'm ready to say enough on Tim Chandler and Greg Garza and Graham Zusi, but Klinsmann seems to love these guys. Also, Jozy has been sluggish and bringing the whole thing down.

The other part of it is that both Honduras and Haiti played very good games. Both teams suprised me with how much they have improved with fast, skilled attacking players. CONCACAF is no joke and when these guys play the USA, it's hero time for them. It's their superbowl.

I loved the flow they got going with Bradley, Diskerud, Dempsey, Johannsson and then Zardes. I think right there is where the good stuff happens. You can throw in contributions from Yedlin and Fabian Johnson on the wings and I'm happy.

Yeah, they're starting slow. But 6 points says you got the job done. Part of it is that they're still kind of dicking around with the roster. I'm ready to say enough on Tim Chandler and Greg Garza and Graham Zusi, but Klinsmann seems to love these guys. Also, Jozy has been sluggish and bringing the whole thing down.

The other part of it is that both Honduras and Haiti played very good games. Both teams suprised me with how much they have improved with fast, skilled attacking players. CONCACAF is no joke and when these guys play the USA, it's hero time for them. It's their superbowl.

I loved the flow they got going with Bradley, Diskerud, Dempsey, Johannsson and then Zardes. I think right there is where the good stuff happens. You can throw in contributions from Yedlin and Fabian Johnson on the wings and I'm happy.

That's a really good point. I don't always give enough credit to the other team involved. They did both play pretty well and it is likely a bigger game for them than the U.S.

I'm a big fan of Yedlin. I think he's starting to come into his own pretty well.

That's a really good point. I don't always give enough credit to the other team involved. They did both play pretty well and it is likely a bigger game for them than the U.S.

I'm a big fan of Yedlin. I think he's starting to come into his own pretty well.

I like Yedlin too. I've read some stuff that has been critical of his game, but I don't get it. I think he does what he's asked to do and he gives the opponents' defenders fits trying to keep up with him.

I was at the game Friday. What an incredible experience! So many Honduran, Panamanian and Haitian fans!! Both games were extremely fun to watch. Haiti was much tougher than I thought they would be. Micks played a helluva game. Except for an ugly turn over early, he was solid. Garza was terrible! Often out of position. Wrong side of the field. Definitely not ready for this level of play.

I must admit I was impressed with Gillette stadium. It was state of the art!!

I was at the game Friday. What an incredible experience! So many Honduran, Panamanian and Haitian fans!! Both games were extremely fun to watch. Haiti was much tougher than I thought they would be. Micks played a helluva game. Except for an ugly turn over early, he was solid. Garza was terrible! Often out of position. Wrong side of the field. Definitely not ready for this level of play.

I must admit I was impressed with Gillette stadium. It was state of the art!!

That's awesome. I have yet to see a national team game in person.

The officiating has been pathetic so far. I'm biased, but it sure as hell seems like USA is on the receiving end of most of the bad calls. It's getting real chippy too. For a minute, I thought Gomez was going to swing on Wondolowski.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

USA looks really really bad in that first half.

Chandler is just god awful. Please, get him out of there and never ever bring him back. I hate this player.

They have been bad. I've got to give you credit. I never realized how bad Chandler was til you pointed it out, but he's been atrocious all tourney.