Sal's film review: How Roman sets up a defense

All OC's do it, as others have rightfully pointed out. For example, Marrone and Hackett tried to lull defenses into believing that Lee Smith could actually make a play by putting Lee Smith out there for 27 plays in a row, and then BAM! - calling Lee Smith's number just when defenses were starting to forget about him.

All OC's do it, as others have rightfully pointed out. For example, Marrone and Hackett tried to lull defenses into believing that Lee Smith could actually make a play by putting Lee Smith out there for 27 plays in a row, and then BAM! - calling Lee Smith's number just when defenses were starting to forget about him.

There was a spell in the middle of last season where Hackett was running every play out of his ingenious tight 3 TE formation. Did they all look the same? Yes. Were they all the same? Who the !@#$ knows? None of them worked.

Fair point.

Bringing Greg Roman on the team was one of the hugest scores this offseason.

I dont know if Whaley or Ryan or The Pegulas tipped the cart our way. Maybe it was combination of things.

i did not know much of him till he became a desirable HC candidate. But once he becomes a Bill, well..This might be my favorite hire. its so hard to choose.

Bills have probably had their best off season in a decade or more.

Pegulas

Rex

Whaley is chosen! Picked instead of Marrone maybe even ( ?)

Roman ^^

retaining Donnie H

Kromer

The swinging for the fences..

Clay

Shady

Harvin

Cogs ( yes, i believe this is going to go very well for us)

the draft

Miller

Darby

O Leary

K Williams

i am going to pay as much attention as i can to the O line and the play calling as my tiny mind will allow.

i will need to watch tape and study.

High Floor High Ceiling this years and next years Bills

Ps its not like i will be able to figure Thurman/Rexs defense pre snap anyways! that will be a riot to watch though.

Offense i really want to take an interest. last two years were like " okay now that you have them lulled doug , do the sneaky thing!

or just run CJ again .

lets hope roman keeps us interested.

A for real keen nfl mind abouts to coach our boys to winning football. imagine that..

Edited by 3rdand12

There was a spell in the middle of last season where Hackett was running every play out of his ingenious tight 3 TE formation. Did they all look the same? Yes. Were they all the same? Who the !@#$ knows? None of them worked.

You can't stop the 2.5 yard swing pass to Scott Chandler. Don't even try. Just let him catch it and then breathe on him.

You can't stop the 2.5 yard swing pass to Scott Chandler. Don't even try. Just let him catch it and then breathe on him.

thats why Bellichick picked him up.

cant stop it. he just tips over and gets two yards

the more I look back at the Niners offense with Kap, the less I can picture Cassel in the QB role. I think it will be EJ or TT.

This. Mobility seems like a huge plus in this system.

You can also see why the Bills shot the wad to pick up Clay.

Yup on Clay. He fits the offense perfectly and more valuable to the Bills than he would be to almost any other team regardless of stats

Yup on Clay. He fits the offense perfectly and more valuable to the Bills than he would be to almost any other team regardless of stats

I see a lot of this talk about Clay, but he has to take a big step forward to be worth his contract. I hope he does, but I'm in "show me" mode with him. Roman loves to utilize TEs in various ways so he should be able to maximuze Clay's usefulness. Just have to wait and see if he can work some magic with our QBs as well.

I see a lot of this talk about Clay, but he has to take a big step forward to be worth his contract. I hope he does, but I'm in "show me" mode with him. Roman loves to utilize TEs in various ways so he should be able to maximuze Clay's usefulness. Just have to wait and see if he can work some magic with our QBs as well.

Actually I think he could easily be everything they want him to be and more, and easily live up to the contract, and still only catch 60 balls for 700 yards and 6 TDs.

the only stat that matters to me to be worth his contract is the one that says "W". I don't care how much he makes, if he makes the offense better and it leads to wins that's good enough for me. Individual stats imo are pretty meaningless unless the team is successful. Jmo. That goes for everyone, btw. Sack totals included. Edited by YoloinOhio

If you have an opportunity to watch highlight film on him, you may well begin to think this very likely is rather good fit and also i think he is about to find his footing.

this pickup makes me think the Bills Front office really is on the same page. Whaley got them what they want. or better even.

Big leap in talent

Clay says he is very pleased to have team that really wanted him. sure there is the money , but that was to take him away from Miami . Not his agent being a wiener dog.

I think he will give 110% for the team. if you read up on the recent Tyler Dunne article in regard to Gragg i expect we we see the same efforts from him also. Clay is a threat and he is reliable. quite the rounded player.

score + 1 whaley

the only stat that matters to me to be worth his contract is the one that says "W". I don't care how much he makes, if he makes the offense better and it leads to wins that's good enough for me. Individual stats imo are pretty meaningless unless the team is successful. Jmo. That goes for everyone, btw. Sack totals included.

Thats the thing isn't it Yolo?

this team is going to get a chance to give everyone the ball because someone will have a mismatch.

stats be damned

Just win Baby

Edited by 3rdand12